Turmeric is a healing agent that you need to start using every day. Here are 10 Health Benefits of Turmeric to explain. Many high quality studies show that it has major benefits for your body and brain.
Have a headache? Don’t reach for the medicine cabinet. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is a natural anti-inflammatory that has been proven to ease muscle soreness after a tough workout and reduce the pressure of a headache. These are just a couple of the health benefits of turmeric. This is one powerful spice that you really need in your life!
Here are 10 Health Benefits of Turmeric everyone should know:
- Arthritis Relief – Beyond the occasional ache, some arthritis sufferers have experienced joint-pain relief after incorporating turmeric into their daily diets.
- Indigestion Relief – Studies have shown that turmeric reduces the symptoms of bloating and gas in people suffering from indigestion.
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory – Curcumin helps the body fight foreign invaders and also helps in repairing damage inside your body. Drinking a glass of water mixed with turmeric and lemon after a workout is key to repairing damage done to your muscles. Turmeric reduces pain and swelling as well.
- Reduced Risk of Heart Disease – Curcumin leads to various improvements that could lower your risk of heart disease. It may help reverse many steps in the heart disease process.
- Reduce Stomach Upset – Turmeric has long been used as a quick and effective cure for an upset stomach. This is one of those benefits that has been around for generations, but only recently has science come along to back it up.
- Natural Liver Detoxifier – The liver uses bile to eliminate toxins; bile also rejuvenates liver cells that breakdown harmful compounds. For this reason, turmeric has been used to treat digestion and liver disorders.
- Boost Your Weight-Loss Goals – Because of its “bad” fat burning and liver detoxification properties, turmeric is said to actually help boost your weight-loss efforts when paired with healthy eating and exercise.
- Treatment of Skin Conditions – Turmeric speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin. It is said to help with acne blemishes, blackheads, dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, and other skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Boost Your Immune System – Try drinking a warm glass of water with a teaspoon of turmeric and black pepper. When you mix turmeric with black pepper, you increase your body’s absorption significantly and reap the health benefits more quickly.
- Sleep Aid – Use turmeric in a soothing Turmeric Tea to improve sleep. This is one of our favorite uses!
We hope you find this list of 10 Health Benefits of Turmeric helpful. For more posts to help you with your active and healthy lifestyle, visit our Food and Fitness Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.