Satisfy your hunger with this easy, inexpensive, and satisfying One Pot American Goulash Recipe. This comfort food is one the whole family is sure to love!
One Pot American Goulash Recipe
Do you remember visiting your grandmother when she had American Goulash simmering in the slow cooker or on the stovetop? This is a comfort food that many of us remember from our childhood. As adults, sometimes it’s important to turn to tried-and-true recipes that fuel fond memories with family when seeking a big bowl of comfort at dinnertime.
This One Pot American Goulash recipe combines ground beef, macaroni, and bold seasonings simmered slowly in a tomato-based sauce for a meal that is sure to comfort the mind while fulfilling your hunger.
- 2 pounds ground beef, 80/20
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add hamburger, cook until the meat is brown and there is no longer any pink.
- Stir in the onions and garlic, cook until they are translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta to the pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook on low for about 25 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Remove bay leaf and serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: You can cook the macaroni ahead of time and add into your mixture just to heat up prior to serving. This will make this meal an easy dinner during the week.
Looking for more simple comfort-food recipes? Here are some we’re sure you’ll love:
- This Homemade Potato Soup recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your hunger and warm you up on a chilly day. Loaded with potatoes, bacon, cheese, and flavored to perfection, this will soon become your favorite soup recipe!
- This Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is comfort food at its finest without a lot of fuss!
- This Baja Chicken Soup is made with a spicy base, corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Top it off with avocado and spring onions and it’s bursting with flavor.
- This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup combines everything that we love about Chicken Pot Pie and makes it super easy to make and serve.
We hope you love this One Pot American Goulash Recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Dinner section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!