Give your holiday leftovers a delicious makeover when you make this simple Heart Healthy Chicken Leftover Pie recipe using that leftover chicken or turkey and vegetables.
The holidays are upon us and that means good times, togetherness with family and friends, copious amounts of food, and of course lots of leftovers. How do you give those leftovers a makeover so that you aren’t serving the same meal for weeks? You can only make and eat so much soup, right? This simple recipe for Leftover Chicken or Turkey and Vegetables Casserole uses up all of those leftovers in one easy, heart-healthy, one-pan dish. So simple, so delicious, and it can be customized to whatever you have leftover in the refrigerator and pantry!
- 2 cups leftover chicken or turkey, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, leftover or canned (no salt added)
- 1 cup corn, leftover or canned (no salt added)
- ½ cup cooked carrots, leftover or canned (no salt added)
- 1 can low sodium Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1½ cups mashed potatoes (If you don't have any leftover, you can used potato flakes and water.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add soup, chicken, and vegetables, and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x9 Pyrex baking dish.
- Cover with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 375ºF preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is golden.
We hope you love this recipe for Leftover Chicken or Turkey and Vegetables Casserole as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple, heart-healthy recipe, be sure to visit our Low Sodium section for more recipes like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing for the holidays. Enjoy!