30-Minute Meal: Semi-Homemade, Low Sodium Chicken Fajitas
If you’re anything like the rest of us, you find yourself struggling to get healthy and fulfilling homemade meals on the table in time for dinner on busy weeknights. There’s no need to stress out over dinner if you keep some helpful essentials in your freezer and pantry to make quick and healthy dinners a snap. For this low sodium, 30-minute meal, we used Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips to cut the prep time for these delicious Chicken Fajitas in half. A simple homemade low sodium marinade makes this chicken and vegetable semi-homemade meal a winner every time.
- 1 bag of frozen Tyson Grilled & Ready Southwestern Style Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- Soft Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese *optional*
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil.
- Slice mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper, and set aside.
- Carefully place frozen chicken strips in the oil and sprinkle with cumin and lime juice, stir, and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh vegetables to the chicken, stir, and cook for approximately 10 more minutes or until vegetables are cooked to desired tenderness.
- Serve with flour tortillas, avocados, and a side of refried beans.
Packed with protein and vegetables, this quick and healthy chicken fajita dinner is perfect for a busy weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen but you still want to put something delicious on the table. If you love this low sodium, 30-minute meal, you can find more like it by visiting our 30 Minute Meal section. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Just by entering your email, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!