If you’re looking for a healthy recipe to make for dinner tonight, you need to make this sweet and savory Granola Crusted Oven Fried Chicken.
This simple recipe for Granola Crusted Oven Fried Chicken delivers sweet and savory chicken tenderloins that are crisp on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Get the texture and flavor of your favorite fried food when you bake this chicken entirely in the oven. The granola crust gives it a sweet flavor and adds a healthy twist to traditional oven fried chicken recipes. Remember, don’t tell your family it isn’t fried because they’ll never know!
All you need are some chicken breast meat tenderloins, your favorite flavor of granola crumbles, a little flour, some egg whites, and some extra virgin olive oil and spray oil to bake this healthy entrée up in the oven in about 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides for a meal that’s soon to become a new family favorite.
- 1.5 lb chicken tenderloins, thawed
- 1 cup egg whites
- ½ cup bread flour
- ½ cup granola crumbles, blended
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Light Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Wash chicken thoroughly and set aside.
- Spray a large baking dish with spray oil, set aside.
- Place your granola crumbles in a food processor or powerful blender and blend to almost powder consistency. Mix with flour on a flat plate.
- Mix the egg whites and olive oil until blended as much as possible.
- Set up a dipping station with chicken first, then egg white mixture, then flour and granola mixture.
- One by one, dredge tenderloins in egg white mixture, then granola mixture covering completely, then place in baking dish.
- Place the breaded tenderloins in the freezer for 20 minutes to allow the breading to set.
- Remove chicken from freezer and spray a thin layer of the oil over the tops.
- In a 375ºF preheated oven, bake for 15 minutes, flip, then spray another thin layer of cooking spray on top of the tenderloins and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite sides.
We hope you love this recipe for Granola Crusted Baked “Fried” Chicken as much as we do. If you enjoyed this heart-healthy recipe, be sure to visit our Low Sodium section for more recipes like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!