Make this Healthier Crock Pot Hamburger Soup with lean ground beef, sweet potatoes, rutabagas, and frozen mixed vegetables, all tossed in the Crock Pot for a simple family weeknight meal.
We all yearn for warm comfort foods this time of the year and some of those choices aren’t always heathy. One of our favorite comfort foods is hamburger soup, traditionally made with white potatoes which are high in starch and pack on the pounds. That’s why we decided to make a healthier twist on a classic favorite with this Healthier Crock Pot Hamburger Soup. We made this comfort food a little healthier by swapping out the white potatoes with sweet potatoes and it tastes amazing. We also like using a low sodium beef broth and tomato juice to make it a little more heart healthy. Simply add everything into the Crock Pot and set it on high for 5-7 hours and dinner is ready when you get home. Try adding a salad for a very complete and healthy meal.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 rutabaga, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 1 large can of tomato juice
- 1 cup of low sodium beef broth
- Break up your ground beef and place on the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Add all your vegetables.
- Add the can of tomato juice.
- Add the cup of beef broth.
- Set on high for 5-7 hours.
We hope you love this Healthier Crock Pot Hamburger Soup recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!