Epsom Salt is a great source of magnesium and has many health and beauty uses. You need to be enjoying the health benefits by using Epsom Salt as a foot soak, a body scrub, a skin exfoliator, and so much more!
We love Epsom Salt and its many health and household uses. It is a great source of needed Magnesium. Epsom Salt is truly a hidden gem if you have not used it before!
Magnesium is the second most abundant element in human cells and the fourth most important positively charged ion in the body. It helps the body regulate over 325 enzymes and plays an important role in organizing many bodily functions like muscle control, electrical impulses, energy production, and the elimination of harmful toxins.
- Relaxing, invigorating bath soak – Simply add one cup of Epsom Salt into your warm bath water and soak for 20 minutes. The body will absorb some of the Magnesium, making this a healthy soak!
- Laxative – For occasional constipation, just add a teaspoon into warm water and drink!
- Exfoliate Skin – Massage a handful of Epsom Salt into your skin with warm water, on face and body, while in the shower or bath.
- Hair Volumizer – Mix together equal parts of conditioner and Epsom Salt. Warm in a pan or microwave. Work the warm mixture through your hair and leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse.
- Have slugs in your garden? Sprinkle Epsom Salt to deter them.
What are your favorite uses for Epsom Salt? Do you have any secrets to share with us?
We hope you find this list of The Many Benefits of Epsom Salt helpful. For more posts to help you with your active and healthy lifestyle, visit our Food and Fitness Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.