Who can resist this farmers market fresh Plum Blueberry Tart recipe? A no-bake dessert that takes very little hands-on prep time and delivers a sweet treat to impress party guests. An easy dessert recipe everyone will love no matter the occasion.
There are a lot of reasons I love summer (hello warm weather and all of the s’mores), but my favorite is definitely the abundance of fresh fruit! There’s something so delicious about a sweet dessert topped with a pile of berries from the farmers market.
This creamy fruit tart is one of my favorite go-to easy dessert recipes. More importantly, it can also be made-ahead and then assembled right before serving. Perfect for those days when you are out and about and need to serve up a fancy dessert (without putting in a ton of effort). There’s no reason that you need to waste a beautiful day in the kitchen rather than enjoying the nice weather outside.
Who doesn’t love a simple, no-bake dessert?
Don’t believe me? Let’s dig into what this tart is made of, before we literally start digging into it. First up, graham cracker crust. The simple, classic tart base requires no baking and can be made ahead of time. Plus, who doesn’t love the crunchy sweet taste of graham crackers under a sweet custard base?
A creamy base with a fancy name to impress guests!
My new favorite creamy filling for everything is crème patissiere. Don’t be intimidated by its name! This french cream is surprisingly easy to make and I bet you have all of the ingredients for it already in your kitchen. I used an enhanced version of crème patissiere in this recipe by folding in whipped cream right before serving it. The key with this is to make sure you’ve got a stiff whipped cream before folding it in.
Alright, the last reason this Plum Blueberry Tart is so perfect for summer is that it is messy. Yes, you read that right. Crumbly graham cracker crust, a whipped sweet filling that spills out everywhere, and an array of fresh fruit make for a delicious pile of ingredients once you cut into the pie. I love serving this after dinner to my friends who appreciate tasty treats because in pie form, it is so beautiful, and then the individual slices are unassuming and decadent!
- 12 graham cracker slabs (~1 ¾ cups)
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 4 plums, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Start with the graham cracker crust. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and sugar until they form crumbs. Add in the butter and pulse until combined. Press the mixture into a pie dish and refrigerate until ready to use (at least an hour).
- Next, make the crème patissiere for the filling! In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch until well combined and the eggs start to be lighter in color (1-2 minutes). Meanwhile, heat the vanilla and the milk in a saucepan over medium heat to bring it to a simmer. Temper it into the egg mixture and return it all to the stove top. Continue to heat on medium low, whisking constantly, until you start to feel the mixture thicken. It happens quickly so pay close attention to it and keep whisking.
- Once it starts to thicken (you’ll feel it through the whisking), pour it into a bowl through a mesh strainer. Cover the cream with plastic film wrap (put it right on the surface of the cream to prevent a film from forming) and place in the fridge until completely cool.
- When ready to assemble your tart, remove the pie dish from the fridge. Whip up the heavy cream and confectioners sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in a little of the crème patissiere before adding the rest of it and folding gently until combined. Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust and top with fresh fruit.
- Refrigerate to set even more or enjoy immediately for a more messy dessert!
Home Chef Tip: Follow the base of this recipe, then top with whatever seasonal fruit you enjoy for different flavor combinations and a unique dessert each time you make it.
We hope you love this No-Bake Plum Blueberry Tart recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Charlotte from Sweet Sundays, as much as we do. If you love this simple dessert, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!