This Banana Split Icebox Cake is the perfect no-bake dessert for summer entertaining. Cold and creamy, feeds a crowd, full of fresh farmers market produce, and sure to be a hit for potlucks.
When temperatures start to rise, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. I’m always looking for easy, no-bake dessert recipes and that’s exactly what we’re making today. This Banana Split Icebox Cake is an easy no-bake treat that everyone will love. It has layers of creamy banana filling alternating with graham crackers. Then it’s topped with pineapple, banana slices, fresh strawberries, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
It’s the perfect change-up on a traditional banana split, and it’s such an easy recipe. It’s a great way to use up the abundance of farmers market fruit you picked up this weekend!
How to Make an Icebox Cake
An icebox cake has layers of whipped cream, graham crackers, and whatever flavors or mix-ins you’re using. It gets put in the fridge (or freezer) before serving, which softens the graham crackers and makes for a delicious cold and creamy treat.
For today’s banana split icebox cake, first we make the creamy banana filling. It’s made with instant banana pudding mix (make sure not to use cook and serve), milk, and whipped cream.
First beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl whisk together two 3.5 ounce packages of banana pudding with two cups of milk. Then gently fold in the whipped cream.
From there, it’s time to assemble the cake by alternating between layers of graham crackers and the banana filling. A layer of whipped cream goes on top, and then the cake goes into the fridge to firm up. I recommend placing it in the fridge for four hours or up to one day so that the crackers get soft, but not soggy.
When you’re ready to serve, top it with sliced bananas, strawberries, and pineapple. Then drizzle each piece with chocolate sauce. If you prefer whipped topping, feel free to use it instead of the whipped cream. Either way, it’s cold, creamy, and delicious.
If you’re looking for an easy, no-bake summer dessert, then this banana split icebox cake is definitely for you. You’ll love the creamy filling, delicious fruit, and chocolate sauce. Since it’s no bake, it’s perfect for all your summer entertaining.
Headed to a potluck? Try these no-bake desserts too!
- 4 cups whipping cream (33%-36% MF)
- 2 3.5-oz packages instant banana pudding mix (not cook and serve)
- 2 cups milk
- 24 sheets graham crackers
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 4-5 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- chocolate sauce
- Beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Gently fold 3 cups of whipped cream into the pudding mix.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the banana filling onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Place a layer of crackers on top. You may need to trim or break the crackers.
- Spread 1/2 of the banana filling on top then place a layer of crackers over top.
- Spread the remaining banana filling on top then place a layer of crackers over top.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over top of the crackers.
- Place the cake in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, top the cake with the pineapple chunks, sliced strawberries, and sliced banana.
- Cut into pieces and top with chocolate sauce.
Home Chef Tip: Feel free to substitute banana pudding mix for vanilla or cheesecake flavored pudding mix.
We hope you love this No-Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake from SoFabFood Home Chef, Fiona from Just So Tasty, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our dessert section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram. Enjoy!