These Strawberry Pie Pops with Vanilla Glaze transform farmers market fruit into an American classic dessert on a stick. This hand-held, mini dessert is perfect for outdoor entertaining because there are no utensils required!
Summer is finally here! Well, almost. It’s technically only spring, but that means that summer is so close that we can taste it. With this new-found warm weather that we are experiencing, that means that farmers markets are popping up all over the place! One of the best things to do on the weekends is to wander around local farmers markets and look at all the goodies. We are fortunate enough to live five minutes away from a really big one that happens every Saturday, and you can find us there almost every weekend. It’s also pretty neat to support local farmers.
Our favorite thing to stock up on at these markets is fresh fruit. There is honestly nothing better than a big carton of fresh, juicy strawberries.
A classic American dessert on a stick!
When we think of fruit, our thoughts immediately go to pie. There is something about the smell of pie baking in the oven that screams summer time. It could be the fact that using the oven in summer means that it’s actually 1000 degrees in the house, but I digress. These little pies are so worth it.
These pie pops are great because they are small, easy, and they are on a stick. Triple win. Just grab-and-go, run around outside, and do all the summer things. No utensils required!
These Strawberry Pie Pops can be made in just a few simple steps. You can also use pre-made pie dough from the store which makes these extra quick and easy. I mean seriously, the dough is even already rolled out for you, so all you have to do is cut out the shapes you want!
However, if you want to make dough from scratch, then you can absolutely do that too.
You could also use any kind of fruit for the filling. We are already daydreaming about how good little blueberry pies would be. SWOON.
Also feel free to play around with the glaze. You could substitute the vanilla for almond, or even add some citrus with some lemon extract or fresh lemon juice with a lemon that you bought at the farmers market. The possibilities are literally endless.
Next time you’re at your local farmers market, get some fresh strawberries and give these pie pops a try!
- 2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 box pre-made pie dough
- Lollipop sticks
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tbsp milk (you could also use water)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring strawberries, sugar, and water to a boil.
- Let it boil for 1-2 minutes and then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until it thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add vanilla extract, and then allow to cool.
- Mix together sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- You can add more sugar or milk to get a desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your pie dough and cut into the shapes that you want.
- Place the bottom piece of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and fill with a tablespoon of filling.
- Place the lollipop stick so that it goes to the center of your shape.
- Cover with another pie dough cutout and push the edges together with a fork.
- Cut small slits in the top to vent.
- Repeat with all of your pies.
- Brush the top of each pie with a little bit of the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are lightly brown.
- Allow to cool and then drizzle with the glaze.
Home Chef Tip: You can use any seasonal fruit you'd like. Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries would all be delicious!
We hope you love these Strawberry Pie Pops from SoFabFood Home Chef, Lindsay from The Cupcake Chronicles, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this mini dessert, you can find more like it by visiting our Dessert Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!