This Easy Cheesy Lower Sodium Cheese Steak Sandwich recipe is your solution for busy weeknights. Packed with protein, cheese, and vegetables, this heart-healthy sandwich is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Simple 30-Minute Lower Sodium Cheese Steak Sandwich
This Easy Cheesy Lower Sodium Cheese Steak Sandwich is packed with protein, glorious cheese, and vegetables, and it can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes with the perfect blend of fresh and frozen ingredients. Sautéed fresh onions, mushrooms, and peppers perfectly complement melted pepper jack cheese and frozen steak patties on a toasted bun covered in spicy mustard. This amazing sandwich is not greasy, it’s incredibly economical, it houses all of the required food groups, it’s low in sodium, and it only requires one pan so clean up is a breeze. Skip the takeout on busy weeknights and serve up a satisfying deli-style meal instead with this simple recipe.
- 4 Steak-umm® Sliced Steaks
- ½ Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Cheese Steak (or sub) Buns
- 1 tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard, optional
- In a sauté pan, heat avocado oil over low heat.
- Slice vegetables and place in pan with spices, heat for 5 minutes until tender, and remove from pan and set aside.
- Place 2 steak slices in pan and cook on one side for 1 minute, flip, cook another 15 seconds, then cut into slices.
- Add ½ of the vegetable mixture back into pan with the steak slices and top with one slice of cheese; heat until melted.
- Place cheese steak mixture on a toasted bun with mustard (optional) and enjoy.
- Repeat for each sandwich.
We hope you love this Easy Cheesy Lower Sodium Cheese Steak Sandwich recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals and Low Sodium sections for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!