Serve these delicious and kid-friendly Heart Healthy Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight. This homemade low sodium meal can be on the table in just 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for a simple, heart-healthy meal that tastes great, is kid friendly, and doesn’t break the bank, look no further. These homemade Heart Healthy Sloppy Joes can be ready in about 30 minutes and they’re very economical. Easy and delicious, but full of all of the flavors you enjoy in traditional Sloppy Joes, this low sodium meal is sure to become a family favorite once you try it for the first time. Paired with Sweet Potato Chips and sweet and sour pickles, this meal is sure to be a hit on busy weeknights.
- 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 cup low sodium ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp low sodium Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- ½ tsp Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning
- 5 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- In a medium-sized skillet, brown the ground turkey until almost done, about 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all spices and wet ingredients and stir.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Heart Healthy Sloppy Joes as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by ourGoogle+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!