Cinnamon Sugar Snack Mix recipe is perfect for satisfying your snack time cravings. Pretzels, pecans, candy, and cereal coated in cinnamon sugar make this mix absolutely indulgent!
Cinnamon Sugar Snack Mix Recipe
School is back in session and I’m even back at work full time! Do any of you know the feeling where you are hard at work, and your kids are focused in school, but suddenly hunger strikes? Then all you can think about is what you are going to have for lunch that day (and it usually is something really unhealthy).
Yeah, that’s this girl’s life right here.
For me, those hunger pains are always the worst in the mornings between breakfast and lunch. It seems the more tired I am, the hungrier I get!
Well here today to solve your snacking cravings is a snack that is super decadent and delicious- Cinnamon Sugar Snack Mix. This snack mix recipe is super easy to make and is just that perfect sweet and salty snack you’ve been looking for. All the recipe requires is simply mixing together the pretzels, pecans, and cereal, and coating it in butter and cinnamon sugar. Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes and you are ready to go.
It is perfect for my mid-morning cravings and is so delicious. It is also perfect for school lunches and afternoon snacks. The only problem now is stopping myself from eating the whole container!
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 3 cups Corn Chex™
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 3 oz M&M'S®
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pretzels, Corn Chex™, and pecans. Stir gently. Pour melted butter evenly over mix and gently toss to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Pour evenly over snack mix and gently stir to combine.
- Pour mix onto prepared baking sheet and spread into one even layer. Place in the oven and allow to bake for 10 minutes. Stir mix and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow mix to cool, about 10 minutes. Toss in M&M'S® and store in an airtight container.
Home Chef Tip: Don't let your extra pretzels and Chex™ go to waste! Save them to make your own savory snack like a trail mix!
We hope you love this Cinnamon Sugar Snack Mix recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Shelby from Got Eat and Repeat as much as we do. For daily recipe inspiration and ways to help you transition back into the busy back to school grind, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes and tips our community members are sharing. Enjoy!