Entertaining is made easy with simple but flavorful appetizers like these Strawberry Goat Cheese Toasts. The pairing of the goat cheese with the sweet berries makes an amazing flavor combination. Topped with a light drizzle of balsamic reduction, this appetizer is a flavor explosion.
Strawberry Goat Cheese Toasts Recipe
A balsamic reduction can be made at home or you can purchase a bottle in the deli section of your grocer. It is great to have on hand to garnish or add a pop of extra flavor to appetizers or salads.
The strawberries in these Strawberry Goat Cheese Toasts could be substituted for another berry or even a melon, like cantaloupe, to create an equally tasty appetizer.
Slicing the baguette is probably the most time consuming part of this recipe. If possible, ask your bakery to slice it for you so that you get uniform sized toasts.
Add the balsamic reduction just prior to serving for the best results.
- 1 Baguette, cut into thin slices
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Container of Goat cheese
- 5 Cups of Strawberries, remove stems and slice
- Balsamic reduction, store bought or homemade
- 2 Tbsp Dried rosemary
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- After slicing the baguette place on a baking sheet. Brush on olive oil and sprinkle on the dried rosemary.
- Bake in a 350ºF oven until lightly toasted. Remove and let cool.
- Once baguette slices are cool, add about a tablespoon of goat cheese to each toast. Next add the sliced strawberries on top of the goat cheese to cover the surface.
- Before serving, drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Home Chef Tip: Ask the bakery department at your local grocery store to slice the baguette for you so that you have nice even slices and you can save time before your party!
We hope you love this Strawberry Goat Cheese Toasts recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Bella from xoxo Bella, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section for more amazing recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the incredible recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!