5 Health Benefits of Drinking Pickle Juice you may not know. It soothes muscle cramps, it helps you stay hydrated, and can even cure the symptoms of your hangover. When symptoms hit, pick up your jar of pickles and take a shot for relief!
Pickle Juice has many health benefits that can enhance your workouts and overall health. Feeling hungover? Pickle juice can be the perfect hangover cure. Have cramps? Pickle juice can help! Fun Fact: Did you know that Cleopatra often claimed that she maintained her beauty by eating pickles?
5 Health Benefits of Drinking Pickle Juice
- Help with a Hangover – You thought that was an old wives tale? After a night of partying, your body has lost water and electrolytes. That is why you get headaches, dizziness, and cramping. Drinking the pickle juice will add salt back into your body. This helps replenish your electrolytes and balances out your body. Just a tablespoon or two will do the trick!
- Soothes Muscle Cramps – According to a study published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, dehydrated men experienced faster relief from muscle cramps after drinking pickle juice. This is why athletes have been drinking it for years.
- Pickle Juice Delivers Antioxidants and Nutrients – Packed with electrolytes, high in vitamin C, low in calories, and calcium, pickle juice is awesome to help you manage your weight. With the added antioxidants, it is great for your health in moderation and small doses, of course. The acidic content of the pickle juice is easily absorbed.
- It Helps Control Blood Sugar Levels – The vinegar in pickle juice, according to a study published in the Journal of Diabetes Research, if taken prior to a meal, helped regulate blood sugar levels in people with Type 2 Diabetes. Well-regulated blood sugar levels help keep you healthy and happy.
- Aids in the Digestion Process – Fermented pickle juice is filled with probiotics. Probiotics encourage the growth and healthy balance of good bacteria and flora in your gut. This makes for less bloating and a flatter belly.
Ways to Drink Pickle Juice:
- Add pickle juice to a cup of water after your workout to replenish your electrolytes.
- Pickle juice is a great meat tenderizer. Use it on steak and pork.
- Add pickle juice to potatoes when you are boiling them to give them a nice zing.
- Poach fish with pickle juice.
- Enjoy a Pickleback which is a shot of pickle juice after a glass of whiskey to alleviate that morning hangover.
- Add it into your Homemade Bloody Mary Mix.
We hope you enjoy this information about the 5 Health Benefits of Drinking Pickle Juice. To find more healthy food tips to help you on your quest for a happier, healthier you, visit our Foods with Healthy Benefits section. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and join our Google+ Community to find healthy recipes from our community members. For even more healthy inspiration, visit us on Pinterest boards. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.