This quick and simple Vegetarian Bread Pizza is the easiest way to enjoy a wonderful homemade pizza at home without the real fuss of making your own pizza dough. Learn how to assemble and bake one in just 20 minutes!
It is kind of a routine in our house and probably many more, to enjoy a weekend night watching your favorite movie at home while enjoying a wonderful pizza for dinner. It’s my favorite way to spend quality time with family. This had become the tradition for us on Friday nights for quite some time. However, these days we face issues while ordering pizza for home delivery. Friday nights are one of the busiest for the pizza shops out here and we always end up getting our pizza delivered after 2 long hours in a very cold state. By the time we get our pizzas, the movie would be over and we’d be so hungry by then.
We didn’t mind initially since there are other options, or at least that’s what is being advertised. Once I stopped ordering pizza for home delivery, I turned to the frozen aisle of my supermarket. I have seen more than one ad promoting frozen pizzas and I was convinced into this option a try. In the following weeks, I tried frozen pizza from many brands, different types of crust, different types of toppings, but nothing was even close to a “real” pizza experience. Most of the time, the veggies turned watery after baking or the pizza itself was tough and tasted stale. Soon enough, I stopped with that experiment.
The only option left for me was to bake my own pizza at home. I do bake pizza from scratch at times, and love a freshly baked pizza better than anything else. But my Friday evenings are meant for relaxing, spending time with the family, and I hate spending long hours trying to work on a fresh pizza base. The savior came in the way of this wonderful Bread Pizza recipe. It makes my life easier since it doesn’t require anything more than assembling and tossing into the oven.
Within a short time, around 20 minutes, you can serve a hot and delicious pizza to your entire family. This sure is a winning recipe. I use a thick cut Texas toast bread for the base. It crisps up golden brown at the bottom and remains soft on the top just like a pizza base should behave. With all the wonderful veggies on top, along with the melted cheese, it is surely one dish which would impress people of all ages.
You need not restrict yourself to making this just for dinner. Instead of baking the bread flat, you can insert them into the cups of a muffin tray and bake them into a wonderful pizza cup that you can serve as an appetizer at any party. Just like a regular pizza, you can be creative with the toppings and serve a whole array of bread pizzas and only the sky would be the limit.
- 4 Bread Slices, thick cut
- 4 tbsp Pizza Sauce / Marinara Sauce
- ½ small Onion, finely chopped
- 10 Cherry / Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- 10 Black Olives, sliced
- ½ Jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 pinches Italian Seasoning
- 4 pinches Salt
- 4 pinches Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella / Italian Cheese Blend
- Oil - For greasing the baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the pizza / marinara sauce on each of the bread slices.
- On top of each slice, add the chopped onion, tomatoes, and jalapeño.
- Sprinklethe Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper on top.
- Cover the veggies with the shredded cheese. Add more or as little as you like.
- Place the assembled bread pizzas on top of a greased baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 10 - 12 mins, until the cheese has melted completely and the bottom of the pizza is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Just like that, you have a homemade pizza the whole family can enjoy. Get creative with the toppings to customize these Bread Pizzas to suit everyone’s tastes. We hope you love this recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Revathi of Revi’s Foodography, as much as we do. If you love this pizza recipe, be sure to visit our Pizza Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and join our Google+ Community where members are sharing new and fabulous recipes every day. Enjoy!