Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Cauliflower Crust Pizza is the perfect alternative for those looking at cutting back on gluten and grains. Fresh cauliflower grated or chopped in your food processor serves as the base for this low carb pizza. Everyone loves pizza and this gluten-free recipe allows you to eat one of your favorite foods without feeling sluggish from the typical high carb crust.
This cauliflower crust bakes up nice and firm so that you can pick it up and eat it just like a traditional crust you’d make at home with flour.
Once you have cooked and squeezed all of the water out of the cauliflower and added the other ingredients, you can just roll it out onto your parchment paper as you would with a traditional crust.
Then you just need to top it off with your pizza sauce, veggies, proteins, and cheese to prepare it for baking.
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower (about 2½ cups once grated)
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fennel
- 2 tsp rosemary
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (for crust)
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese (for crust)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese for topping the pizza
- 1 egg
- Other toppings of choice.
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Wash and dry cauliflower.
- Cut into small pieces, get rid of the stem.
- Steam your cauliflower until soft.
- Place in a food processor and pulse it until it looks like the size of rice.
- Let it cool.
- Place it in a kitchen towel and wring it until you get all the liquid out.
- Place it in a bowl and mix your egg, seasoning, and cheeses until you get a nice consistency.
- Lay down your parchment paper and use your fingers to form a nice round crust.
- Place in the oven at 425º and bake for approximately 8-12 minutes until the crust is starting to get golden.
- Take out and layer it with your pizza sauce and ingredients. Top with cheese and add some fennel on top.
- Bake for an additional 8-15 minutes. Bake until the cheese is a nice golden brown color.
If you love this healthy low carb cauliflower crust pizza recipe, be sure to check out our Recipe Index where you will find lots of healthy alternative recipes. You can also find us on Facebook and join our SoFabFood Google+ Community for more recipe inspiration. Enjoy!