Love Greek salad? Love pizza? Combine two of your favorites when you make this Mediterranean-inspired Grilled Greek Pizza recipe in just 20 minutes!
Hello, I’m Morgan from Shupe’s Soups. Food is my everything – you could even say I am a little obsessed with it. I write recipes and share information about food. This helps my readers make the best choices possible when it comes to what they eat. I believe everyone should know how to make a healthy meal from scratch and know where their ingredients come from. This Mediterranean-inspired Grilled Greek Pizza recipe is a mix between pizza, salad, and everyone’s favorite, hummus dip! No need to feel guilty eating this tasty summer pizza since you will be getting lots of vegetables. Feel free to pump up the protein by adding some grilled chicken on top if you’d like.
Mediterranean-Inspired Grilled Greek Pizza Recipe
In the summer heat, I am all about cutting down time spent in front of the stove. Grilled pizza is an easy way to move your kitchen outside. I like to keep frozen par-cooked pizza dough in the freezer for easy, last-minute grilled pizza and then top them with whatever is laying around the kitchen. I always have a fresh batch of hummus in the fridge and usually some leftover Greek salad from weekend picnics too. If you are like me and already have pizza crust, hummus, and various vegetables hanging around, you could easily whip up this pizza in less than 15 minutes. That’s faster than the delivery man!
- 1/4 English cucumber
- 1/8 of a small red onion
- 1/4 of a green bell pepper
- 6 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 par-cooked pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/3 cup hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup baby greens or spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1-2 sprigs fresh oregano
- Cut cucumber, red onion, and green pepper into a small dice. Slice tomatoes in half. Toss together with red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- On a hot grill, grill one side of pizza crust until crisp. Remove from heat.
- On grilled side of pizza, smooth hummus leaving ½ inch at edges. Top with baby greens, feta, olives, and oregano leaves.
- Return pizza to grill for 4-5 minutes or until the bottom is crisp and feta starts to soften. Remove from heat.
- Top with vegetable mixture made in step 1.
- Drizzle with good-quality olive oil. Cut into slices and serve.
Home Chef Tip: Use pita bread instead of par-cooked pizza dough to make individual pizzas.
We hope you love this Mediterranean-inspired Grilled Greek Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Morgan from Shupe’s Soups, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to check out our other Pizza recipes for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!