If you’re looking to cut gluten and grains out of your diet and you love pizza, learn how to make this Gluten-Free Cauliflower Crust Pizza with this simple step-by-step recipe and pictorial. Fresh cauliflower grated or chopped in your food processor serves as the base for this low carb pizza.
We love pizza as much as everyone else, but sometimes we don’t love that sluggish feeling you get from eating a traditional, high-carb pizza crust. That’s when we turn to this recipe for Gluten-Free Cauliflower Crust Pizza to indulge in our pizza cravings. It not only tastes amazing, but it also adds another serving of vegetables into our daily diet. This crust is so delicious, even the pickiest of pizza lovers will enjoy this taste sensation.
To get this recipe started, simply cook your cauliflower, then use your food processor to pulse it until it resembles cooked rice after you have steamed it.
Once you have mixed the cauliflower with your other ingredients, you can easily form it into a crust as you would with a traditional flour crust recipe. It bakes up just like a traditional pizza crust does and you can cook it longer for a crispier crust or less time for a crust you can fold in your hand.
Once you top your Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust with your favorite toppings, it’s ready for the oven.
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower (about 2½ cups once grated)
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fennel
- 2 tsp rosemary
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (for crust)
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese (for crust)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese for topping the pizza
- 1 egg
- Other toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Wash and dry cauliflower.
- Cut into small pieces, get rid of the stem.
- Steam your cauliflower until soft.
- Place in a food processor and pulse it until it looks like the size of cooked rice.
- Let it cool.
- Place it in a kitchen towel and wring it until you get all the liquid out.
- Place it in a bowl and mix your egg, seasonings, and cheeses until you get a nice consistency.
- Lay down your parchment paper and use your fingers to form a nice round crust.
- Place in the oven at 425º and bake for approximately 8-12 minutes until the crust is starting to get golden.
- Take out and layer it with your pizza sauce and favorite toppings.
- Top with cheese and add some fennel on top.
- Bake for an additional 8-15 minutes, until the cheese is a nice golden brown color.
We hope you love this Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe as much as we do. If you love this healthy, low carb recipe, be sure to check out our Recipe Index where you can find more healthy recipes like this one. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and join our SoFabFood Google+ Community where our members are sharing new delicious recipes every single day. Enjoy!