Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatballs
Everything is better with bacon and these Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatballs are a good way to indulge when you are in the mood. The meatballs are made with turkey to reduce the fat in this dish. Serve these meatballs over a bed of pasta covered with low sodium marinara sauce for a fulfilling family meal that everyone will love.
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 3 slices Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 Egg
- ½ Green Pepper
- ¼ cup Onion
- ½ cup Spinach
- 6 slices of Bacon
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 1 cup Milk
- Place your bread into the milk, set aside.
- Chop vegetables.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg, then add in meat, vegetables, and spices.
- Take each piece of bread and squeeze out the milk, then break up bread and add to mixture.
- Mix well, then form into meatballs.
- Wrap each meatball with bacon and place in a muffin tin for baking to reduce mess.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour.
- Serve over a bed of pasta with Low Sodium Marinara Sauce.
Low Sodium Marinara Sauce
Serving your bacon-wrapped meatballs with a Low Sodium Marinara Sauce is another way to not feel guilty about eating bacon.
- 8 large tomatoes (if you're using a smaller tomato, like a Roma, then you need to increase to 16)
- 2 small sweet peppers
- 6 green onions
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1-2 tbsp corn starch
- Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, Garlic
- Mrs. Dash Italian Medley
- Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb (We really like garlic, but if you aren't a huge fan, you can leave this out.)
- Crock Pot
- Blender or food processor
- Quarter the tomatoes and put them in your blender or food processor (I use my Ninja Blender).
- Deseed the peppers and put them in the blender with the tomatoes.
- Cut just the white part off of the green onions and put them in the blender.
- Peel 3 cloves of garlic and put them in the blender.
- Blend all to sauce consistency and pour into your Crock Pot.
- Simmer on low for 4-6 hours (the longer you simmer, the more the flavors will combine together).
Serve the marinara and meatballs over a bed of Angel Hair pasta with a slice of garlic cheese toast and you have a delicious and fulfilling family meal that everyone will enjoy. If you love this healthy family meal idea, be sure to check out all of our other healthy recipes to help you with your family meal plan. And for even more family meal ideas, join in on the conversations on Facebook and Google+, and be sure to visit our Pinterest boards. Enjoy!