Low Sodium Turkey Pizza Burgers
Why not turn your pizza burgers into a healthier version by using low sodium marinara and swapping your beef out for turkey? These burgers are perfect for a quick lunch or weeknight family meal. Turkey Pizza Burgers are made with thin buns to cut down on your carb intake yet add to your daily recommended fiber requirement.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- Marinara Sauce
- 16 oz low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 100% wheat thin buns
- Cook ground turkey until it is no longer pink.
- Mix the cheese, onion, and ground turkey together with enough marinara sauce that is not too runny and just thick enough.
- Spread onto the thin buns.
- Bake for 30 min at 325º.
Low Sodium Homemade Marinara Sauce
Low sodium marinara sauce creates the perfect addition to your pizza burgers. You don’t need the extra salt to make your marinara stand out, just get creative with your spices!
- 1 8 oz can low sodium tomato puree
- 1 8 oz can low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 can low sodium diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 1 tbsp dried oregano and basil
- 1 tbsp dried onions
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot.
- Simmer on the stove top for a few hours until the flavors blend.
You’re going to love this Low Sodium Marinara and Turkey Pizza Burger recipe whether you serve it as a family dinner or as a hearty lunch. If you love this low sodium recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our low sodium section. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Just by entering your email, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!