You are going to love this delicious Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe full of fresh spinach and white cheddar cheese. Cooking for two just got a lot more delightful!
Hello everyone! I’m Sara Maniez from Life’s Little Sweets! I am excited to share this Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe with you today. There are so many ways to make chicken breasts for dinner and in my home, we make chicken often. Since I make chicken so much, I am always trying to come up with new ways of making chicken tasty and flavorful.
I love that this Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe has spinach right inside it. It makes the chicken breasts such a compact dinner and you could just have them as they are without any side dishes.
I usually get a 16-ounce (454 grams) bag of baby spinach so that I have extra spinach to use for a side salad as well. For the sautéed spinach inside the chicken breasts, I use eight ounces, but you can use more if the chicken breasts are larger and you can fit more in. I also give a range of the amount of shredded sharp white cheddar cheese for the inside of the chicken breasts since the size may vary. I feel that the more cheese you can fit in, the better because some might leak out while they are cooking.
These Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts are so juicy, savory, and satisfying.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
I use wooden toothpicks to keep the bacon in place, it also helps the cheese and spinach filling inside the chicken breasts. When the chicken breasts are done, make sure to let them cool for five minutes before serving so the juices stay inside the chicken breasts.
When I make this Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe, I don’t bother to flip them over. I am very “no fuss” about recipes, but if you want to have the bacon evenly crispy on all sides, then flip them over carefully when they are halfway done. Make sure they end on the side that you want them to be served. So if you flip them over, start them on the underside.
The best way to be sure the chicken breasts are done is by using a meat thermometer; you want the internal temperature to be 170°F. Just remember they will keep cooking for a few minutes even after you remove them from the oven.
I know you will love these Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts as much as we do!
- 2 chicken breasts (1-1.5 pounds)
- 1/2-1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 ounces thick bacon slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breasts in half.
- On the prepared baking sheet, lay out the uncooked bacon in 2 rows with a 1/4 inch overlap.
- In a small-medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add the spinach, cook until it is wilted and evenly covered with olive oil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the shredded sharp white cheddar cheese evenly on each chicken breast.
- Put the sautéed spinach over the cheese evenly and fold the chicken breasts shut.
- Wrap the chicken breasts with the bacon. Use toothpicks to keep the bacon in place, if necessary.
- Place the chicken so that the ends of the bacon are on the bottom (this way they will not come undone when baking).
- Bake for 30 minutes, check the chicken breasts. Bake for 15 minutes more or until the bacon is at desired crispiness. If you want the bacon to be crispy on the bottom, you can turn the bacon over at 30 minutes.
Home Chef Tip: Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Final internal temperature should be 170°F for chicken breasts.
We hope you enjoy this Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Chicken section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!