No matter the occasion, this Surf and Turf for Two is the recipe you must make for your someone special. How can you go wrong with Grilled Steak, scallops, wine, candlelight, and a bright and spicy Cilantro Chimichurri?
My name is Teri and I blog at Buy This Cook That; preparing and sharing delicious homemade recipes is what I love. Our favorite recipes are southern classics with a twist. This Surf and Turf for Two recipe is fun, full of flavor and a whole lot of sexy.
Surf and Turf for Two
What makes this a sexy meal for two? First, a simply seasoned and perfectly grilled steak. There is nothing more satisfying than this. Lightly coated with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and cracked black pepper. A good, grilled ribeye steak is heaven on a plate.
Paired with sweet sea scallops seared quickly over hot flames, this Surf and Turf for Two is sure to please the one you love.
So steak and scallops…so what? Take your senses to the next level with a fast and flavorful Cilantro Chimichurri that bursts with fresh flavor to make this meal something special!
Grilled Steak and Scallops with Cilantro Chimichurri
My favorite things about this date night meal? The simplicity. Take three fast and easy elements and combine them for a meal you and your sweetie will never forget.
First, let’s talk about the Surf. Seasoned and seared sea scallops. This is the sweet and tender bite you crave. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. A quick flip on the grill brings out all of the lightly sweet and tender flavor of this favorite seafood.
You get to pick the perfect portion. Hungry as a bear? Serve your special someone a portion of eight to 10. Feeling light? Go for six. It is totally up to you. For our Surf and Turf combination, we suggest six for you and six for your love. You want to be satisfied when you leave the table, but not heavy.
If you are anything like me, the star of any plate is always the steak. This recipe for two is no different.
Pick your favorite cut of steak. For me, it’s the ribeye. Full of flavor, tender, and marbled with deliciousness, the ribeye is the perfect partner for the salty-sweet sea scallops.
Preparation is a breeze. Just like the scallops, lightly brush the steak with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. You don’t need much to perfect the taste of a great cut of beef.
The Burst of Flavor
Enough of the simple salt and pepper, right? If you want to knock your honey’s socks off, make this five-minute Cilantro Chimichurri as a finishing sauce for this Surf and Turf for Two.
Combine fresh parsley, fresh cilantro, chopped shallots, garlic, olive oil, lime zest and juice…and a few other things. Give this chimichurri a quick buzz in the food processor and it’s sheer perfection!
This herbaceous and zesty sauce is the perfect accompaniment for grilled scallops and steak. It gives the scallops a punch of flavor and brings out the perfect beef flavor of a ribeye.
Need a side dish for your Surf and Turf for Two? Here are my delicious suggestions:
SIMPLE: Broiled asparagus. Bright, fresh, and green.
MILD: Tomatoes and Parmesan. Slice red ripe tomatoes. Top with bread crumbs, Parmesan, and oregano. Broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
SPICY: Roasted jalapeños. In a cast iron skillet, cook whole jalapeños over medium-high heat in olive oil until tender and brown.
If you like this Surf and Turf for Two, check out more of our recipes:
Grilled Steak and Scallops with Cilantro Chimichurri is the Surf and Turf for Two you and your favorite sweetheart will love. Enjoy!
- 2 steaks (your choice of cut)
- 8 oz sea scallops
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided, plus additional to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided, plus additional to taste
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice, shallot, garlic, lime zest, pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Pulse until the herbs are finely chopped. Let rest at room temperature until serving.
- Heat grill to high. Brush both sides of the steaks with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks to desired doneness over direct heat. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil, and let rest while preparing the scallops.
- In a bowl, drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over the scallops. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Toss to coat well. Grill the scallops for 3 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook an additional 45 seconds.
Home Chef Tip: Keep your meats simple by using just the few spice ingredients suggested in this recipe. Let the meat's natural flavors shine through!
We hope you love this Surf and Turf for Two recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Teri from Buy This, Cook That, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our Cooking for Two section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and visit us on Pinterest. Enjoy!