These personal-sized Spicy Chicken Street Corn Pita Pizzas are perfect if you’re cooking for two. Inspired by the flavors of Mexican Street Corn, this semi-homemade, 30-minute meal is perfect for date night!
I’m going to let you in on my favorite way to make pizzas at home: pita bread! Pita bread makes the perfect base for homemade personal-sized pizzas. They’re easy to customize with your favorite toppings and they cook in under 10 minutes. These Spicy Chicken Street Corn Pita Pizzas are the perfect Friday date night meal, topped with a mixture of spicy chicken and corn as well as lime juice, sour cream, and cilantro. Together, you get some of the flavors of classic Mexican street corn in this very Americanized pizza.
Pizza remains one of my favorite meals of all time, so I’ll welcome any excuse to mess around with new flavors. I’m partial to plain old cheese pizza, but this chicken and corn pizza is probably one of my favorites now! It’s a little spicy, but not hot and the lime juice and cilantro make it taste like a completely unique kind of pizza. I know cilantro is not for everyone, but I personally love it, so it’s a welcomed flavor on this pizza. The combination of baked and unbaked ingredients is a nice change from the usual pizzas I make at home.
Spicy Chicken Street Corn Pita Pizzas
Traditional Mexican street corn, or Elotes, is slathered with mayo and Cotija cheese. Since I was making this into a pizza, I used a more classic mozzarella cheese and skipped the mayo, using sour cream instead. That being said, I would still love to try this pizza with more of the more classic ingredients of Elotes as I’m sure it would be really delicious. Of course, I also added chicken to the pizza for some protein, but you could just as easily forgo it for a vegetarian pizza.
Trust me, once you go pita bread, you never go back! With these pita bread pizzas, my boyfriend and I can make our own pizzas exactly the way we like them. That means I don’t have to worry about his greasy pepperonis impacting my side of the pizza either! I also love using rotisserie chicken for pizzas because I haven’t had to do any extra work to make a great pizza topping. This is semi-homemade cooking for two at its finest! Nothing beats a 30-minute meal on a date night because that just means more time together and less time in the kitchen!
- 2 Pita bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- Rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
- 1 lime, quartered
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the round pieces of pita bread on the prepared sheet and brush with olive oil.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter. Toss the corn into the pan to cook (cook longer if using frozen).
- Add shredded or chopped chicken and sprinkle generously with chili powder depending on your desired level of spiciness. Add salt and pepper as desired. Cook until corn and chicken begin to brown.
- Sprinkle pita breads generously with cheese. Top with corn and chicken.
- Bake pita bread pizzas for about 8 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and edges are browned.
- Immediately top with sour cream (dispensed using a pastry bag or squeeze bottle) and chopped cilantro. Squeeze lime juice on top.
- Top with additional chili powder as desired.
- Cut into slices and serve hot.
Home Chef Tip: For a slightly different and spicier flavor, swap the sour cream on top for a spicy chipotle mayo!
We hope you enjoy these Spicy Chicken Street Corn Pita Pizzas from SoFabFood Home Chef, Holly from Club Crafted, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, checkout our other pizza recipes for more Friday night meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!