Create a moist, tantalizing dessert that’s sure to please this holiday season when you make this festive Dairy-Free Poppy Seed and Strawberry Pound Cake. Simple, delicious, and perfect or the season! #SilkDairyFree
Looking for a sweet and tasty dessert for the holidays that’s dairy free and delicious? Look no further because this Dairy-Free Poppy Seed and Strawberry Pound Cake is the answer. This delightful dessert uses poppy seeds and fresh strawberries to create the perfect flavor combination, and Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt adds a healthy twist without any lactose. You’ll be able to satisfy all of your friends and family this holiday season with this moist and tantalizing dessert recipe.
- For the Pound Cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (5.3-oz) container Strawberry Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest (use the lemon juice for the glaze below!)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (subbing this for 1 stick butter)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- For the Candied Strawberries:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 15 medium strawberries, rinsed, patted dry, hulled and thinly sliced
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Gather your ingredients.
- Visit the original recipe post on Gal Meets Food for full preparation and baking instructions.
We hope you love this Dairy-Free Poppy Seed and Strawberry Pound Cake recipe as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!