Don’t just wear that ugly sweater to your next holiday party, bring one for dessert too when you make this fun, festive, and super simple Ugly Sweater Cake. It’s a yellow cake underneath with a homemade buttercream frosting on top decorated to look like everyone’s favorite holiday garment. #NestleHoliday
It’s Christmas time which means it’s time to bust out the ugly sweaters and all of your favorite holiday dessert recipes. We recently found this simple recipe for a fun and festive Ugly Sweater Cake and we instantly had to try it ourselves. Personally, we love ugly sweater parties this time of year and if you bring along this cake, you’re sure to win the prize this year. It’s a yellow cake underneath with a homemade buttercream frosting on top. Decorating the cake is easy with NESTLE® BUTTERFINGER® Jingle Bells and NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Jingles. The brightly colored foil is just the right touch for this cake and it’s way simpler to make than you’d think!
- For the cake:
- 1 yellow cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- For the frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract (use clear vanilla flavoring for whiter frosting)
- Red food coloring paste
- For the decoration:
- 1 package NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER® Jingle Bells
- 1 package NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Jingles
- Chocolate chips
- Holiday candies
- Green fondant
- Gather your ingredients!
- Visit the original recipe post on Mom Loves Baking for full preparation, baking, and decorating instructions.
- Enjoy your ugly sweater party!
We hope you love this Ugly Sweater Cake recipe as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!