This Turmeric Golden Milk Latte is a hot, spiced drink with 1-2 shots of espresso in each cup. This refined sugar-free drink uses wildflower honey or maple syrup to get it’s sweetness and is flavored with black pepper, cinnamon, star anise, cardamom and ginger. This drink recipe (with a vegan latte option) is perfect to warm you up on a cold day!
Warm up with a Turmeric Golden Milk Latte!
Hi everyone, I have the perfect hot, spiced drink for you that’s exactly what you need for this cold-weather season. This Turmeric Golden Milk Latte is a delicious drink you’re sure to love!
What’s in the drink and is there a vegan latte option?
It has turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, and ginger. You can customize this Golden Milk Latte by adding or subtracting some of these spices as long as you keep the core spices of turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, and ginger in tact. You can sweeten with wildflower honey, maple syrup, or your favorite sweetener.
If you’re looking for a vegan latte option, this recipe can be adapted easily by just swapping the milk for any nut milk like soy, cashew, coconut, or almond milk. You can also swap the honey for maple syrup, regular sugar, or other vegan sweetener of choice.
I love this Golden Milk Latte because it has all the benefits of golden milk with anti-inflammatory turmeric, warming cinnamon, and with 1-2 shots espresso for energy. It combines two awesome drinks for a perfect morning (or afternoon) wake-up drink.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for making this Golden Milk Latte:
- small-medium saucepan
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
- 2 heat-safe mugs for serving
- milk frother
- honey dipper
- rasp for cinnamon
- spoons for stirring
I use a simple stove top espresso maker to make the espresso. For the golden milk, I use a small-medium saucepan and whisk. I also use a milk steamer to make steamed milk which tops off this Turmeric Golden Milk Latte perfectly.
You can choose to leave the Golden Milk Latte plain or sprinkle some more spices on top for serving and don’t forget that extra drizzle of honey (or maple syrup) on top!
How would you customize this Turmeric Golden Milk Latte?
- 2-4 shots of espresso (1-2 shots per serving) *prepared via your specific espresso maker
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 star anise, optional
- 1 cardamom pod, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1-2 tbsp wildflower honey, maple syrup, or other preferred sweetener
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- sprinkle of turmeric
- drizzle of wildflower honey
- This should take 5 minutes on the stovetop in a stove top espresso maker; another espresso machine may be faster. Add the desired amount of espresso to the 2 mugs.
- In a medium saucepan, add the 2 cups of milk, and all the spices (ground pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, and optional ingredients vanilla extract, star anise, and cardamom pod). Whisk to combine.
- It should take 2-3 minutes to get the milk to a simmer on the stove top. Stir with the whisk. Remove from heat. Remove the cardamom pod and star anise.
- Pour over the espresso, divide evenly between the two mugs. Add the desired amount of honey, if you wish, before adding the foamed milk.
- Pour 1/2 cup milk in the milk frother and foam (this should take less than 1 minute depending on your appliance). When the milk is foamed, spoon the foam on top of the golden milk. Garnish with a sprinkling of more spices (like cinnamon and turmeric) if you wish. Drizzle with more honey. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: 1) Use a milk frother to get perfectly foamy milk to top this latte. 2) Saigon cinnamon is a more fragrant variety of cinnamon. 3) If using fresh spices, follow a 1 unit (dried) to 3 unit (fresh) ratio.
We hope you love this Turmeric Golden Milk Latte from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets. If you enjoyed this delicious, hot beverage, be sure to find more like it in our Drinks Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!