This Vegan, Dairy-Free Mocha Latte is a budget-friendly drink reminiscent of a fancy latte from your favorite coffee shop. This indulgent treat is refined sugar free and has only five simple ingredients.
Craving a mocha latte from your local coffee shop?
I love a good mocha from my favorite local coffee shop, but let’s be honest…those fancy drinks can be quite expensive! Not to mention, they usually are loaded full of artificial syrups and refined sugar, which isn’t something you should be having on a regular basis. This Dairy-Free Mocha Latte is made with almond milk, espresso, raw cacao powder, vanilla, and sweetened with a hint of maple syrup. It’s important to use a high-quality cacao powder to achieve the right flavor.
The beauty of this mocha is it that it is totally customizable. If you want to switch up the milk or make it a little sweeter or more chocolately, you can totally do that. You’re the barista!
Let’s talk about how to make this frothy mocha!
The key is to blend it! Whether that be in a blender, with a hand-held electric frother, or a milk frother, that’s the secret to making this perfectly-frothy drink. If you don’t own a milk frother, I highly recommend it. It’s a total coffee game changer, especially if you love latte-style drinks.
- Choose your milk. This recipe calls for dairy-free milk, so I recommend almond, coconut, or cashew milk.
- Prepare your coffee or espresso. I personally like using espresso in this drink as it has a richer, bolder flavor. You could also use a stronger coffee. I typically follow the ratio of 8-oz milk to 1-oz strong espresso.
- Blend it all together. The final step is to add all ingredients to a blender or milk frother and whip it up. If you’re using a blender, you will need to heat the mocha up afterwards on the stove (unless you want to make it iced!).
Nothing beats a budget-friendly drink at home!
All that’s left to do is pour your frothy homemade mocha into your favorite mug and snuggle up and enjoy! The next time you get a hankering for mocha, try making your own at home and save yourself a few dollars!
- 1 cup nut-milk (almond, coconut, or cashew)
- 1 oz espresso or 2 oz strong coffee
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Prepare your espresso or coffee.
- Add your milk of choice, espresso, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to a blender or milk frother.
- Blend all ingredients until frothy and heated.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: If using canned coconut milk, I recommend pouring the milk into the blender before adding the other ingredients and blend since there will be some natural separation.
We hope you love this Dairy-Free Mocha Latte recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Nicole from Living Well with Nic, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this budget-friendly drink, check out our other coffee recipes for more inspiration. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!