Sweet Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are filled with cream cheese and cheddar cheese that has been blended with raspberry jam then wrapped in a blanket of salty bacon! This sweet heat treat will make crowds beg for more!
Father’s Day is almost here and in the Grumpy house, that means good food and family gatherings! We love to serve appetizers while the burgers are grilling and these Sweet Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are one of our favorites!
This easy-to-make, five-ingredient recipe is a staple for parties in our home. It takes about 10 minutes to put together and 20 minutes to cook, so in 30 minutes you have an appetizer that will disappear about as fast as you have made them!
We love the combination of cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese for our jalapeño poppers. I prefer buying the cheddar cheese as a brick and shredding it myself, however, if you need to save on time, you can buy your cheese pre-shredded. I think raspberry jam goes perfectly with the jalapeño, but you can use other flavors also. The sweet jam contrasts well with the heat and cheese making it a little more tolerable for those who may be heat sensitive.
The cheese filling should be packed in and leveled off. It’s ok to round it up a little bit, but not too much or your cheese will bubble out of your popper when cooking. A spoon works best for filling the pepper and packing the cheese.
I always use thick cut bacon when wrapping my jalapeño poppers. I find it helps hold the filling in better. If you use regular cut bacon, I would recommend using the whole slice of bacon to wrap. With the thick cut, I cut the slices in half and use 1/2 of a slice to wrap each popper. You will want to secure the bacon on the jalapeño popper using a wooden toothpick. Bacon tends to curl up when it cooks and the toothpick helps keep the bacon intact.
I promise, if you make these for the Dad in your life on Father’s Day, they will be very appreciative! Dads also love a pumped up hotdog! Try my Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog or Chili Cheese Dogs. Don’t forget dessert! Pineapple Upside Down Cake is my Dad’s favorite and always makes an appearance for our Father’s Day feast!
- 12 jalapeños
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 12 slices thick cut bacon, cut in half
- Wash jalapeños and pat dry. Cut each jalapeño in half and remove seeds and veins.
- Mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and raspberry jam until well combined.
- Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese mixture, being sure to pack the cheese into the jalapeño. Depending on the size of the jalapeño, you will need about 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons filling.
- Wrap bacon slice around cheese-filled jalapeño. Secure with toothpick by going through the side of the jalapeño.
- Bake on foil-lined cookie sheet at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes, until bacon has browned. Alternatively, you can cook these on the grill, rotating every 5 minutes until bacon has browned. Remove from heat and set aside to cool at least 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Home Chef Tip: These can be made ahead of time and then warmed up in the microwave until just warm. Serve with a side of raspberry jam that has been melted in the microwave for dipping!
Pin it! Sweet Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
We hope you love these Sweet Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers from SoFabFood Contributor, Shelby from Grumpy’s Honeybunch, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizers section for more amazing recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!