You’ll be floored by these Cucumber Spa Water Health Benefits. This refreshing drink will flush and detox your body. It keeps you feeling full so you won’t eat as much and even helps increase your metabolism.
This Cucumber Spa Water has been around for a long time. This is the drink they reserved back in the day for the ladies or men at the spa. You would get this drink after your workout or sip during your massage. But today, we all indulge in infused healthy drinks to help cleanse our systems. Cucumbers offer rehydrating and detoxification properties, they aid in weight loss, and they supply your system with many vitamins and minerals. Why not infuse your water with them?
Benefits of Cucumber Detox Spa Water
- Relieve Constipation – Cucumbers are 98% water. The fiber in cucumbers helps with digestion and the seeds are a diuretic. The high water content in cucumbers can rid the body of toxins from the digestive system.
- Fight Inflammation – Cucumbers can help lower the inflammatory response in the body. They contain polyphenols called lignans which studies show can reduce the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.
- Weight Loss – Cucumbers are low in calories containing only 16 calories per cup. The skin contains insoluble fiber that helps with elimination.
- Healthy Skin – Cucumbers are known to have an anti-aging compound that you will find in cosmetics. Place chilled cucumbers under your eyes to remove puffiness. The photochemical in cucumbers makes the collagen in your skin tighten.
- Stay Hydrated – Since cucumbers are 98% water, snacking on them throughout the day helps to keep you hydrated.
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- A handful of mint leaves
- Spring Water
- Add all ingredients into a pitcher filled with spring water and let infuse over night.
- Drink 3 glasses a day until your pitcher is empty.
Home Chef Tip: If you have a pitcher with a chamber to store the fruit, even better. This makes sure the fruit stays below the water level.
We hope you found this information on the Benefits of Cucumber Detox Spa Water helpful and we hope you love the recipe. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Healthy Food Tips Section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.