Everyone will be cheering for the one who serves these Game Day Hawaiian Pizza Sliders at half-time! Is it a pizza? Is it a sandwich? Who cares? Either way, this is the ultimate tailgate appetizer!
It’s football season! Whether you’re actually excited to watch the game or are just jazzed to dig into the half-time spread, we’re not here to judge! One thing we are sure of, though? These Game Day Hawaiian Pizza Sliders will be the MVP of the day no matter what team you’re rooting for.
Game Day Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
With sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, pineapple, bacon (BACON!!!), and Swiss cheese, these sliders turn our family’s favorite pizza toppings into an easy to eat, perfectly sized sandwich. Baked all in one dish, it’s easy to clean up too!
These Game Day Hawaiian Pizza Sliders are even easier to whip up with this little trade secret: You know how bacon can be so challenging to cut through when you want to fry up crumbles in the pan? It becomes super easy when you freeze it solid first. It’s been a game changer (pun intended) for my bacon-studded recipes.
Gather up your friends and family, and get ready to wow the crowd. Want to round out your menu? You’ll really want to try these Sweet and Spicy Dr Pepper® Wings and this recipe for Veggie Sheet Pan Nachos. Is your mouth watering yet?
- 1 12-pack package of slider buns
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 lb bacon, frozen
- 10 ounces pineapple, chopped
- 12 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350øF.
- Slice frozen bacon into thin strips, then cook in a skillet over medium high heat until cooked through and golden. Drain and remove to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Place the bottom half of the sliders in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with barbecue sauce, pineapple, bacon, and cheese. Place the tops of the buns over the pizza toppings.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, oregano, and garlic powder. Brush the mixture over top of the buns and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: You know how bacon can be challenging to slice? Freeze it first for easy chopping!
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Recipe and Entertaining boards!
We hope you love these Game Day Hawaiian Pizza Sliders from SoFabFood Home Chef, Katie from Forks and Folly, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our Appetizer Section to find more like it for all of your tailgate parties this year. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!