These Dairy-Free Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer with their awesome spicy, meaty filling. Serve this to your guests and this will be the recipe everyone is begging you for!
The holiday season is upon us, and we’re all looking for recipes for entertaining. I don’t know about you, but stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite party snacks, whether they appear as appetizers at a dinner or as delicious finger food at a party. You can never go wrong with them. I just love the poppable, addicting, two-bite appetizers! I love how tasty and meaty roasted mushrooms are, and the fact that they are so versatile.
Dairy-Free Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Stuffed mushrooms usually have some kind of cheese in the filling, which is great… but if you have any friends or family who are lactose intolerant, your usual go-to stuffed mushroom recipe will not work. That’s where this Dairy-Free Sausage Stuffed Mushroom recipe comes in. None of the dairy, but even more flavor thanks to the sausage.
Use your favorite sausage (I recommend spicy Italian sausage for the ultimate flavor) to stuff these mushrooms and you will never go back to traditional stuffed mushrooms. The meaty texture of roasted mushrooms is perfect with sausage. Just look at all the delicious, crispy sausage crumbles in those mushrooms and try to tell me you can eat just a couple of these. You will be addicted!
This recipe couldn’t be easier – 4 ingredients and 4 easy steps and you have your new favorite appetizer. I’ve made this as an appetizer for dinner while testing the recipe, and we all loved it. Since then, I’ve made these sausage stuffed mushrooms for dinner instead of the main course. Hey, we can’t be the only ones who sometimes do appetizer for dinner, right?
- 20 oz baby bella mushrooms (2 packs)
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage, uncooked, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook Italian sausage over high heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and fully cooked, using the spatula to break up the sausage.
- Transfer the cooked sausage to a large bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add the panko bread crumbs and parsley leaves, and mix well.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set aside (they would be great for a homemade vegetable broth!). Stuff the mushrooms with the sausage mixture and place in a baking dish. Bake at 375ºF for 12-15 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and the sausage topping is nice and crispy. Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Larger mushroom caps are easier and faster to fill for this recipe.
We hope you love this recipe for Dairy-Free Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms from SoFabFood Contributor, Kate from Babaganosh, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming holiday parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the incredible recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!