This Broccoli Cheddar Dip is warm, decadent, creamy, and a sure-fire crowd pleaser! It is everything you love about broccoli cheese soup, but in a dip that’s perfect for parties!
One of my favorite things about the start of summer is that it seems everyone finally comes out of their shells to enjoy the warm weather. There is just something about those summer months!
While I’m in Italy, my food blogging skills get put to good use because I get to feed everyone over at my fiancé’s command. He and his friends will meet up occasionally and barbecue. Now to me, that would mean some appetizers, burgers or hotdogs, baked beans, cornbread, pasta salad, a whole meal. You know, a good old fashioned barbecue? But no, that’s not what he does. They just get the main dishes and forget all about the sides! For example, he frequently goes over to a friend’s house to cook out and they have plain cheeseburgers (no lettuce, tomato, or anything) and hot dogs. No toppings. No sides. Apparently to them that is totally normal, but for me, I need more than a piece of meat slapped on a bun!
So this is where I come in to save the day. I bring the sides and appetizers. One of my latest favorites is this Broccoli Cheddar Dip. It is so simple to make and so delicious. It is warm, rich, and creamy. With each bite, you taste some of that amazing cheddar, a hint of broccoli, and some delicious garlic. It really is just like the soup in a dip form!
So don’t let my fiancé’s sad barbecues happen to you. Whip up this quick dip for a simple appetizer that everyone will love!
- 1-10 oz bag frozen broccoli
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup half and half cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9x9" pan and set aside.
- Prepare frozen broccoli according to package directions. Once cooked, remove from the bag and chop broccoli pieces into small chunks.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, half and half, mayonnaise, ¾ cup shredded cheddar, pepper, garlic salt, salt, and onion powder in a large bowl. Beat until fully combined. Add in reserved broccoli and gently stir to combine.
- Pour dip into prepare baking dish. Top dish with remaining ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese and ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned slightly. Serve warm with bread or hearty crackers.
We hope you love this Broccoli Cheddar Dip recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Shelby from Go Eat and Repeat, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our Appetizer Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!