Looking for a quick, easy, and affordable family meal they’ll love? Make this simple Sausage + Pepper Sheet Pan Meal in 30 minutes. It’s a ten-dollar dinner that can be served over rice or on hoagie rolls!
Hello, this is Heather from Kitchen Concoctions and I’m excited to share my recipe for this Sausage + Pepper Sheet Pan Meal with you today! A few of my new year’s goals are to spend more time doing the things I love like spending time with family, having more dinners at the dinner table, and saving money.
Because, like many of you, I spend way too much at the grocery store each week and don’t have the time each weeknight to spend cooking intense recipes and cleaning the kitchen. That’s why I’ve been loving ten-dollar dinners, and specifically sheet pan meals!
Sheet pan suppers are entire dinners cooked on one sheet pan, like my Ham and Asparagus Tart or today’s recipe, Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Supper. Not only are these meals easy to make, they usually don’t require lots of ingredients or use a lot of kitchen utensils to prepare. This makes them not only budget friendly, but great if you are busy and on the go, which I would say is most of us.
Sausage + Pepper Sheet Pan Meal 3 Ways!
This Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Meal is very versatile and could be eaten as is simply paired with a side salad like this Spinach Berry Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing or this Fresh Broccoli Salad for a light, low carb meal. You could serve this one-pan meal over rice for a simple kid-friendly dinner. For a deli-style meal, pair Sausage and Pepper Hoagies with a side salad, chips, or French fries.
Personally, I prefer serving this dinner recipe as hoagies, because it makes things easier, uses less dishes. and is a complete and affordable meal. In fact, based on the prices at my grocery store and using a few pennies worth of pantry staples, I was able to make this sheet pan supper into Sausage and Pepper Hoagies with a side of sweet potato fries to serve a family of five for right at ten bucks! I’d say that’s a dinner win!
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers (green, red, orange), sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tap dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 Italian sausage links
- ½ tsp each kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 5 hoagie rolls
- Mustard, as needed
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. If using foil, spray foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sliced onions and peppers, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread pepper mixture evenly onto the prepared sheet pan. Arrange sausage links on top of pepper mixture on sheet pan. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over sausage, peppers, and onions.
- Bake in preheated 425ºF oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping sausages halfway through the cooking time, cooking until the sausages are cooked through.
- Sausage and peppers can be served over hot cooked rice, or served as Sausage and Pepper Hoagies.
- To serve as Sausage and Pepper Hoagies, toast hoagie rolls, if desired. Spread a thin layer of mustard on the inside of the hoagie roll. Place sausage in the hoagie roll, top with sausage and pepper mixture, and serve with French fries or potato chips.
Home Chef Tip: While I strongly recommend using fresh bell peppers and onions in this recipe, to save time and money (depending on how expensive bell peppers are when you go to make this recipe), you could use 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen pepper and onion mix. No need to thaw, just toss frozen vegetables with oil and spices and continue with recipe as directed.
We hope you love this Sausage + Pepper Sheet Pan Meal from SoFabFood Home Chef, Heather from Kitchen Concoctions, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our 30-Minute Meals Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!