This No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart is an easy dessert dream come true. A thick Oreo cookie crust, check! Cheesecake-like peanut butter filling, check! Silky smooth chocolate ganache topping, check! A simple no-bake dessert that only takes 20 minutes to prepare.
Summer is here, so it’s time to turn off your oven and get to non-baking with this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart. I don’t think dessert can get any better than this decadent no-bake tart. The preparation is a breeze and we can hang out next to the freezer rather than the oven. You can thank me later, especially if your house doesn’t have AC.
Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter?
The inspiration for this 20-minute dessert (prep time) is a mishmash of this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice and these No-Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bites. Since I love cream cheese, it was a no brainer to make a peanut butter and cream cheese filling, much like the frosting I made for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. Plus the mixture of peanut butter and cream cheese will hold up much better without separating like natural peanut butter normally would. I used creamy honey peanut butter for this recipe as that is what I usually have in my pantry. However, any creamy peanut butter will work just fine.
A creamy chocolate ganache for the topping!
For the ganache topping, I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers, which is actually not a true dark chocolate since it only has about 41% cacao. However, I like the sweetness of this chocolate, so it’s also a staple in my pantry. It’s good for snacking on, making candy, and it gives just enough sweetness to the ganache. If you are a fan of real dark chocolate, try to find a higher percentage cacao chocolate for the ganache. I think the dark chocolate’s bitterness will be a delicious contrast to the creamy sweet peanut butter filling.
When your sweet tooth is craving something sugary this summer, don’t forget to turn off the oven and break out your tart pan for the most decadent No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart you’ll ever enjoy!
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 4 oz melted butter
- 4 oz peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz chocolate (semi-sweet to dark)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 handful of crushed peanuts
- Break Oreo cookies into small pieces and ground in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 - 45 seconds, stir with a fork to dissolve any remaining solid butter.
- Drizzle melted butter over the Oreo crumbs, and process for an additional 10 - 20 seconds until the mixture is the texture of wet sand.
- Dump the mixture into a 4”x13” rectangular tart pan and press into the bottom and sides of the pan to form a crust.
- Let the crust rest in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Add peanut butter and soften cream cheese in a medium bowl, beat until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar and beat again until completely incorporated.
- Take the tart pan out of the freezer and spread the peanut butter cream cheese filling into an even layer with a spatula.
- Place the tart pan into the freezer again while you prepare the ganache topping.
- Microwave the heavy cream for 30 seconds to 1 minute until hot enough to melt the chocolate, but not boiling over.
- In a small bowl with a spout or a medium measuring cup, add the chocolate wafers and pour hot cream over it. Mix with a whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add a handful of peanuts in a small plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin until crushed.
- Take the tart pan out of the freezer and pour chocolate ganache evenly over the peanut butter filling until completely covered.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts over the top.
- This time, refrigerate until completely set, about 4 hours.
- Slice into tart with a sharp knife and serve.
Home Chef Tip: When making the ganache, if the chocolate is not melted completely at first, put the mixture in the microwave and heat at 10 second intervals until completely melted.
We hope you love this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Trang from Wild Wild Whisk, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful 20-minute dessert recipe, be sure to visit our Dessert Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!