Guests popping in and out unexpectedly during the holidays? Serve up the flavors of the season when you whip up this simple 5-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Holiday Bark. Keep a batch on hand to wow your friend!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Holiday Bark
There is nothing better than quick and easy recipes for the holidays. In our home we are always entertaining, with guests stopping in at a moment’s notice. Schedules are busy and to-do lists are long, but there is always time for holiday cheer and enjoying the flavors of the season.
This quick and simple recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Holiday Bark is a go-to treat that you’ll be sure to keep in your arsenal of recipes. Not only is it easy, but it’s also one of those recipes you tend to always have the ingredients on hand to make and better yet, it’s beautiful too!
My sister-in-law introduced me to the recipe and it gets gobbled up as soon as you set it out. It’s also a great recipe for the kids to get involved in making. They love spreading the peanut butter and chocolate, but they really love smashing up the candy canes into little peppermint pieces for sprinkling on top.
This is a really great recipe for a holiday cookie exchange if you’re looking for something a little different, and also makes a great food gift for friends, co-workers, and neighbors. I hope this recipe will become a staple in your home too this holiday season!
- 10-12 graham crackers
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 squares chocolate almond bark
- 4 squares white chocolate almond bark
- 3 candy canes
- On a cookie sheet, make a single layer of whole graham crackers to fill the entire pan. Break graham crackers and fill in any holes to cover the whole pan.
- In three separate bowls, melt peanut butter, chocolate, and white chocolate in the microwave, checking and stirring until each is fully melted.
- Spread melted peanut butter over the layer of graham crackers until fully coated.
- Spread melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer until fully coated.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate on top as a decorative element.
- Crush candy canes into small peppermint pieces and sprinkle across the top for a festive holiday touch.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- Remove from the freezer and using a knife, break into large pieces to remove from the sheet pan. Break into smaller, bite-sized pieces with your hands. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Place candy canes in a sealed sandwich bag and crush by hitting with a rolling pin or wooden spoon to avoid little pieces of peppermint flying all over your kitchen!
We hope you love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Holiday Bark recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Ashley from Heirloomed, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!