Double Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies are the perfect cookie for the holiday season. So easy to make, insanely delicious, and full of festive peppermint flavor that will fill you with holiday cheer.
As soon as we had our first snowfall, it made my Christmas-excitement-meter go through the roof. Before I knew it, the stockings went up, the tree was lit, and the halls were decked! This festive feeling also sent me straight to my kitchen where I just had to bake up some of the flavors of the holiday season. The result was this recipe for Double Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies! These cookies are the perfect cookie for the holiday season. So easy to make, insanely delicious, and full of festive peppermint flavor that will fill you with holiday cheer. My kids loved getting in on the fun and dipping the gooey cookies in a warm bowl of melted chocolate and sprinkling them with candy canes. The eating wasn’t so bad either. You’re going to love them! Here’s how you make them:
Double Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla and peppermint extracts, and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, melt melting chocolate according to package directions. (For me this meant microwaving and stirring in 30 second increments until completely melted.) Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Place on parchment paper until chocolate has set completely.
Home Chef Tip: These cookies are so full of delicious peppermint flavor, making them perfect for the holiday season! However, they are also very adaptable for other events year round! Just omit the peppermint extract while making the cookies and sprinkle them with sprinkles instead of candy canes and you have an amazing cookie for all seasons!
Is your mouth watering yet? Can you smell that rich chocolate and peppermint flavor through your screen? Then get to your kitchen! You can’t help but to feel festive when these babies start baking. Plus, I’m pretty sure there is a certain cookie-baking quota we have to make before Santa can come. I mean, I don’t make the rules, but I’m pretty sure that is a really strict one.
What is your favorite holiday cookie recipe you are dying to bake? We hope you love these Double Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies from SoFabFood Contributor, Liz from The Pretty Life Girls, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!