What’s not to love about these creamy, dreamy Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecakes? Imagine a sweet chocolate-hazelnut crust topped with creamed cashews and hazelnut cheesecake filling then covered in rich dark chocolate ganache!
I’m not sure that there are two things that go together better than chocolate and hazelnut.
It is true love and these creamy, dreamy, and oh-so-decadent Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecakes are exactly that. Imagine a sweet chocolate-hazelnut crust topped with creamed cashews and hazelnut cheesecake filling, then covered in rich dark chocolate ganache.
Yep, these bars are a slice of heaven.
Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecakes
Not only are these Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecakes deliciously decadent, but they are also something you can feel great about indulging in every once in a while. Beyond being bite-sized (just two bites each!), they are gluten, soy, refined-sugar, and dairy free!
How is that possible?
These cheesecakes rely on the rich, buttery goodness of nuts. To start, this dessert has a simple chocolate hazelnut crust made from blending hazelnut meal and cacao powder with maple syrup. The chocolate hazelnut filling, a delicious combination of cashews, maple syrup, cacao, and hazelnut butter, is then piped over the crust and topped with a rich chocolate ganache. Once set up, this dessert has the consistency of cheesecake: sweet, buttery, and creamy to perfection!
No-bake desserts tend to allow room for variation. Consider swapping out the hazelnuts for peanut butter or almonds. You can also use regular cocoa powder and sweetener of choice.
Want to make them yourself? Watch the video for a step-by-step guide, or you can print the recipe card below.
Enjoy a little decadence today with these Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecakes!
- 1 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours and rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or 3 tbsp agave nectar)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped hazelnuts
- cacao nibs
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the crust, blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until well combined. Crust should stick together when pressed between your fingers. Place 1 tablespoon of crust in each mini muffin mold and press down evenly.
- In a food processor or powerful blender, combine the ingredients for the cheesecake filling. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Fill a large piping bag with the cheesecake and pipe it over the crusts so that molds are 4/5th of the way full. Gently tap the muffin tin on the counter to even tops. Place the cheesecakes in the freezer while making the chocolate ganache.
- To make the ganache, mix ingredients together in a small bowl with a whisk. Once smooth, pour over chilled cheesecake. Top with hazelnuts and cacao nibs and return to freezer.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until frozen solid.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the muffin molds and serve immediately. Store leftover cheesecakes in an airtight container in the freezer.
Home Chef Tip: To make removing the cheesecakes easier, cut strips of parchment paper and place them on the bottom of each muffin mold with about 1/2" tabs sticking up on either side. When ready to remove, gently pull up on the parchment tabs and the cheesecakes will pop right out.
We hope you love these Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecakes from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sarah from My Darling Vegan, as much as we do. If you love this mini dessert recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!