This unique Lemongrass Oatmeal Bowl with Orange Chili Pork uses Quaker® Oats cooked in chicken stock, lemongrass, and coconut milk as the base. Topped with crispy Orange Chili Pork and a fried egg, this is a meal fit for a king!
Orange Chili Pork Oatmeal Bowl perfect for brunch or dinner!
This Lemongrass Oatmeal Bowl with Orange Chili Pork is a quick meal to put together and its unique flavor combination is perfect for a fancy brunch or hearty dinner. Using breakfast oats as the base boosts the nutritional value of the dish, and the Orange Chili Pork and fried egg are the perfect compliment to the prepared oats.
This savory Asian-inspired oatmeal bowl is way simpler to make than it appears. The oats are cooked in chicken stock, lemongrass, and coconut milk for a creamy base. The pork is cooked until slightly crispy and then tossed in an orange and chili sauce that complements the creamy oatmeal perfectly. Although the crispy fried egg is optional, we highly recommend it!
- Lemongrass Oatmeal:
- 1 cup of Quaker® old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of good-quality seasoned chicken stock
- 2 pcs of packaged lemongrass (or 2 tbsp of lemongrass paste)
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ½ tbsp chili flakes/crushed red pepper (optional)
- Pork Marinade:
- 7oz of pork, cut into small chunks
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (½ tsp if you like it spicy)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Orange Chili Sauce:
- ½ tsp cornflour
- ⅓ cup of orange juice
- 1-2 tsp chili flakes/crushed red pepper
- To serve (optional):
- Fried egg
- Chopped spring onions
- Gather your ingredients
- Visit the original recipe post on The Flavor Bender for full preparation and cooking instructions.
We hope you love this Lemongrass Oatmeal Bowl with Orange Chili Pork as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!