Prepare for the holidays ahead of time when you learn how to freeze holiday pies the easy way. Make your favorite apple, pumpkin cherry, or pecan pies in advance, freeze them, then easily thaw your holiday dessert for your feast.
Meal Prep for the Holidays!
Is the thought of long hours in the kitchen preparing your upcoming holiday feasts stressing you out? This year, free up your time and enjoy yourself when you learn how to freeze holiday pies so that you’re always ready for dessert time for your holiday feast, office party, or Friendsgiving meal. Freezing homemade pies ahead of time is simple with the help of the FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System.
How to freeze holiday pies:
- To freeze your pies, bake as directed in the recipe.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Freeze the pie for 1-2 hours, until completely frozen.
- Remove and place the pie in a FoodSaver® bag.
- Turn latch to open and place open end of bag into the Vacuum Channel.
- Close lid and turn latch to on, and press the Vacuum / Seal button. In just a few seconds the pie will be airtight and sealed!
- Store in freezer in the vacuum-sealed bag.
How to thaw holiday pies:
- Thaw your pie overnight in the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature to serve.
- If you forget to take your pie out the night before, you can remove the pie from the vacuum bag and reheat in the oven for 20 minutes.
Looking for pie recipes for the holidays? Try these!
- This delicious Maple Pecan Pie is a classic dessert for the holiday table. Using maple syrup gives it a wonderfully special flavor.
- Each bite of this rich Brown Butter Bourbon Sweet Potato Pie is full of pure southern delight perfect for the holiday season. It’s hard to decide which tastes better, the bourbon whipped cream or the brown butter caramel sauce!
- Whip up this Gluten-Free Walnut Crust Pumpkin Pie made from seasonal, roasted pumpkin and warming spices if you want to keep your holiday dessert menu fresh and healthy.
- This No-Bake Chocolate Sweet Potato Pie is a creamy, delicious, and ultra-decadent vegan and gluten-free pie that combines the wonders of sweet potato and chocolate pie all in one. This is one secretly healthy dessert recipe, but no one will know!
If you find this simple trick from Stetted helpful you can find more like it by visiting our kitchen hacks section! For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias Campaign partnered with FoodSaver®.