Enjoy these super simple Orange Cranberry Mini Sweet Rolls as dessert on your holiday menu, then eat leftovers for breakfast. Full of fall flavors, this mini dessert uses store-bought crescent dough to create small bites for two!
A simple Mini Dessert perfect for 2 or 20!
Let’s face it. Whether you are cooking for two or two dozen this holiday season, chances are you have extra cans of crescent rolls in the refrigerator ‘just in case’! Turn one of those emergency carb-bombs into these bite-sized Orange Cranberry Mini Sweet Rolls with a little help from one of my previous recipes!
Quick tips for cooking for two:
One of my biggest tips when cooking for two is to maximize your ingredients by using them in multiple dishes. In this case, I turned the fruit leftover from making a cranberry simple syrup used in my Cranberry Apple Cider Fizz mocktail as the filling for these mini sweet rolls. Makes this feel less like a ‘recipe’ and more like a happy accident! Plus you have a festive beverage to sip on while you devour these small bites.
The only component I made specifically for this dish is the orange glaze that’s drizzled over the top of the Orange Cranberry Mini Sweet Rolls. The glaze is simply confectioners sugar mixed with a squeeze of fresh orange juice. Another tip I have is to sprinkle your baking dish with regular granulated sugar after you butter it. This gives the bottom of the sweet rolls a crispy sweet texture!
Side note: One can of dough makes 16 mini sweet rolls. I’ve got a double batch pictured above.
- 1 can refrigerator crescent dough
- 1 cup cranberry fruit filling, substitute preserves or leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Butter for baking dish
- Flour for work surface
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9x9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle white sugar in bottom of dish. Swirl around to coat inside of dish, set aside.
- Unroll dough onto a lightly-floured surface. Cut rectangle of dough in half to create two even squares.
- Evenly spread filling on each half of dough. Roll dough so filling is inside.
- Cut each roll of filled dough into 8 equal pieces. Place evenly in baking dish.
- Back approximately 20 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl mix together confectioners sugar and orange juice. Adjust amount of sugar if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over rolls while still warm. Serve warm.
Home Chef Tip: If you are unable to find the sheets of crescent dough in a can, use the rolls. Simply pinch the edges together to form a full sheet, then continue recipe as written.
We hope you enjoy this warming Orange Cranberry Mini Sweet Rolls recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Loriann from Thyme for Cocktails. If you love this simple recipe and you’re entertaining soon, be sure to visit our Dessert section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!