These Eggless Cardamom Scones are simple to make and perfect for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. Eat them plain, or pair them with butter or jam and cream!
Eggless Cardamom Scones Recipe
These Eggless Cardamom Scones are not just quick and easy, they’re also really flaky and tasty. I love the cardamom flavor here. These go so well with Indian Masala Chai. They are perfect for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. We eat them plain, with just butter, or with jam and cream. Making this fills your kitchen with that lovely freshly-baked bread smell that’s hard to beat.
What are Scones?
Scones are unsweetened, or lightly sweetened, biscuits like a cake made from flour, fat, milk, and flavoring.
Cardamom is such a trendy flavor, I couldn’t help but use it in this recipe. You are going to love these scones, not only for their enticing flavor, but also for how quick and easy they are to prepare.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt/curd
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 stick cold unsalted Butter
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the wet ingredients - milk, plain yogurt/curd, and whipping cream in a bowl. Add sugar and stir well. Set aside.
- Now mix all purpose flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the cold butter with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour your wet mixture into flour mix.
- Mix the scone mix until your dough forms. Don't over mix it.
- Turn your dough onto a floured cookie pan sheet. Knead lightly to give dough a smooth surface.
- Pat your dough down into a round shape with your hand until 1 inch thick.
- Cut out dough just like you cut your pizza. You will have 8 big scones. Or you can use scone cutter to cut out your scones.
- Glaze the top of your Eggless Cardamom Scone with some milk.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 35 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Eggless Cardamom Scones are ready. Enjoy them with Whipped cream, Strawberry (or with any jam), and butter.
Home Chef Tip: Don't over work your dough. Make sure your dough is not too dry. You can add any flavors or fruits of your choice.
This recipe makes eight big scones. These scones freeze very nicely and there’s no need to thaw them when you are ready to enjoy one. Just store them individually in zipper bags in the freezer. Whenever you want one, just pop it in the microwave for 40 to 50 seconds and it’s done. They stay fresh for at least two weeks in the freezer.
You can add any flavors or fruits of your choice. My personal favorites are blueberry, chocolate, cranberries, and orange. Just make sure to adjust the sugar level in the scone depending on how sweet the other add ins are.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Eggless Cardamom Scones recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Dhwani from Cooking Carnival, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Dessert Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!