Get together with friends this holiday season and celebrate with this sweet, tangy Cranberry Chia Seed Pudding Parfait. Hints of maple syrup and ginger make this the most festive dessert you’ll try this year!
Cranberry Chia Seed Pudding Parfait
The holidays are here! Okay, yeah, I’m probably jumping ahead a bit, but I am so excited for the upcoming holiday season and all of the fun festivities that come along with it. More importantly, I love the new-ish concept of Friendsgiving! It’s a fun get-together with your besties where you celebrate each other, the season, and great food.
One of my favorite things to do when I’m menu planning for Friendsgiving is put a little special spin on each of the recipes. At our family Thanksgiving, I love to have all of the traditional recipes, so at Friendsgiving, it’s time to twist things up a bit with recipes like this Cranberry Chia Seed Pudding Parfait.
That’s why I’ve created this fun and trendy recipe for Cranberry Chia Seed Pudding Parfait. It’s topped with tart cranberry sauce made with fresh orange juice and zest. The homemade sauce is perfect on top of the chia seed pudding made with maple, vanilla, ginger, and cloves. Festive, beautiful, and the absolute perfect ending or beginning to any Friendsgiving celebration.
I promise you’ll love it and your friends will too!
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups milk
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Thyme sprigs for garnish
- In a medium glass bowl, whisk together chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, ginger, cloves, and salt. Place a lid on the bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, zest and juice of orange, and sugar to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst and the mixture has thickened, add water if needed. Refrigerate in a glass bowl fitted with a lid until chia seed pudding is ready.
- Spoon pudding into dessert cups and top with cranberry sauce. Top with fresh thyme sprigs.
Home Chef Tip: Make a double batch of the cranberry sauce and use it to top waffles, crepes, or french toast for a delicious seasonal brunch idea.
We hope you love this Cranberry Chia Seed Pudding Parfait recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Julie from The Gourmet RD, as much as we do. If you love this festive dessert recipe, be sure to visit our Dessert section for more great ideas like it for your holiday menu planning. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!