Ready in just 35 minutes, this Cranberry Pear Oatmeal Crisp is a healthier mini dessert that’s sure to impress. With all of your favorite seasonal flavors, this all-natural dessert is a great way to indulge your sweet tooth!
Hello, this is Heather from Kitchen Concoctions and I’m excited to share my recipe for Cranberry Pear Oatmeal Crisp with you today! Comfort foods in the colder months are a must and this mini dessert recipe is an all-natural dessert that’s not only satisfyingly delicious, but also very comforting to the body and soul.
It’s always great to have an arsenal of comfort food recipes on hand like Winter Squash Soup with Gruyère Herb Croutons, Slow Cooker Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili, White Chocolate Mocha, and this healthier dessert recipe just rounds out that list!
Cranberry Pear Oatmeal Crisp Mini Dessert
I originally created this healthy Cranberry Pear Oatmeal Crisp last year to enjoy at Friendsgiving and it was a huge hit. It is inspired by my Easy Pear Crisp with Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt, but this mini dessert is packed with the addition of cranberries, and has a healthy homemade crisp topping.
While I like to make this Cranberry Pear Oatmeal Crisp in individual ramekins because I love mini desserts for their easy portion control, you can also make this in a square baking dish or cast-iron skillet. It can be easily doubled for a crowd or halved for a simple dessert for two. Oh, and did I mention it can be made gluten free too?
Do you like to make healthier versions of classic comfort foods? If so, what is your tip for making comfort foods healthier?
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 cup peeled and diced Anju or Bartlett pears (about 2-3 pears)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease four (8-ounce) ramekins with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together cranberries, diced pears, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, lemon juice and zest.
- Divide diced cranberry pear filling evenly between prepared ramekins. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together rolled oats, whole wheat flour, almonds, coconut flakes, maple syrup, salt, and melted coconut oil. Evenly divide crisp topping between the four ramekins, completely covering all of the fruit.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 20-25 minutes or until crisp is hot, bubbly, and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, topped with all-natural frozen yogurt or homemade whipped cream, if desired.
*Gluten free substitute: Substitute whole wheat flour with almond flour or additional rolled oats, making sure to use certified gluten free oats.
Home Chef Tip: This crisp can also be made in an 8x8-inch baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
We hope you love this Cranberry Pear Oatmeal Crisp mini dessert recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Heather from Kitchen Concoctions, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our other comfort food recipes for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!