This Honey Thyme Baked Brie Appetizer is perfect for a holiday party, family gathering, or office potluck. This gooey, melty, 3-ingredient appetizer looks so elegant, no one will know it only took you 15 minutes to prepare!
A holiday staple for easy entertaining!
Happy almost Christmas! Are you guys excited? Personally, I am super stoked even if I am no where near ready or planned for the holiday season! I haven’t planned out my holiday menu, have barely begun my Christmas shopping, and don’t even have a tree yet! Still, I can’t help but get excited about the holiday season!
Speaking of the menu, are you cooking Christmas dinner this year? Do you find it hard to put together a Christmas menu? I personally don’t find it too bad, but one thing I always struggle with is appetizers! Appetizers are a tricky one. You don’t want something huge, so that everyone gets full before the big meal, but you also don’t want to have too little so that everyone is left hungry waiting on the meal. That’s why I love to do baked brie for an easy appetizer!
Have you ever had a baked brie appetizer?
If you haven’t had baked brie before, it’s pretty simple to explain. It’s a wheel of brie, and it’s baked! Seriously, nothing to it. When you bake brie in the oven, it becomes super soft and gooey in the center with the outside still being in tact. When you break into it with a knife for the first time, this golden delicious cheese comes oozing out! Have I convinced you to make it yet?
There are a couple of ways to make baked brie, and aside from my own oven baked brie with fig and pomegranate, my second favorite baked brie recipe is honey and thyme. The honey gives just a hint of sweetness and the thyme adds a beautiful subtle herby flavor to it. Plus I think the thyme is super pretty!
How to make this Honey Thyme Baked Brie Appetizer:
This recipe is super simple to make, and as I mentioned, takes only 10 minutes to cook. I still have some tips and tricks up my sleeve though to make this a little easier for you!
- What brie to use – you’ll need a round of brie, camembert or goat cheese, to make this recipe. I’ve used regular brie and goat brie before and both have worked really well.
- How to know if it’s cooked – you gently poke the top of the brie. It should feel soft and squishy when you poke it, without exploding!
- What dish should you cook it in? The easiest way to cook this easy appetizer is to use the dish you want to serve it in, providing it’s ovenproof. A small cast iron dish works perfectly. Sometimes it can be a little tricky moving the brie from the oven tray to your serving dish. The other method is to use parchment paper, then simply serve the brie in the parchment paper on a wooden board. I managed to move my brie onto my serving dish for these images, but it’s not always that simple!
- What can you serve it with? I serve mine with my favorite crackers. Don’t go too fancy with the crackers because the flavor of the brie speaks for itself. Sometimes less is more!
- This dish is served hot, so prepare it, cook it, then serve it immediately. As it only takes 10 minutes, it is not difficult to organize.
There is really nothing to this recipe! It’s always a favorite with our friends and family, and I make it on the regular, because it is that easy! It’s a gorgeous dish that is great for any type of dinner party, not just Christmas!
- 8 oz wheel of brie
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place the brie on a heat-proof serving dish, or on a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Top with the honey and sprigs of thyme.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the center is soft.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
Home Chef Tip: Rosemary would also work beautifully with this recipe, and you can even add fresh fruit like pomegranate and fig after the brie has been baked for a festive flair.
Love this easy appetizer? Pin it for later!
We hope you enjoy this Honey Thyme Baked Brie Appetizer from SoFabFood Home Chef, Georgina from The Home Cook’s Kitchen, as much as we do. If you love this simple and delicious recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Appetizer Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!