Whether you’re outdoor entertaining, hosting happy hour at home, or celebrating a big event, this simple Cheesy Jalapeño Artichoke Dip is the appetizer you need on the party table!
A classic appetizer gets a spicy makeover!
When I’m at a restaurant and decide I’m hungry enough for an appetizer (which is almost always), I go for the spinach artichoke dip. It seems to be a restaurant menu staple in some form, and when I see it laid out on the table at a party, I make sure to stand next to it to eat as much as possible. Then my mom made jalapeño artichoke dip for a family party, and I found a new love. The jalapeños add just enough spice to make this dip recipe even better. Move over spinach; it’s all about the jalapeño now!
My mom made the recipe for me a few times, and I can devour at least half the dish before sharing with anyone else. Made with a mix of cheese, artichoke hearts, and jalapeños, this simple hot dip recipe is not a part of your healthy diet, but it’s worth it nonetheless.
Whatever event you’re attending, this jalapeño artichoke dip will be the star of the food table. Serve it with salty tortilla chips, or insert a little variety with pita chips, crackers, and bread pieces for dipping. You can also mix up the flavor with different types of cheeses. For a spinach artichoke dip, I’d normally use a blend of mozzarella and parmesan, but for this one, I used about 3/4 Monterey jack and 1/4 parmesan cheese.
Prepare this simple dip the night before the party!
I love that this dip is easy to make ahead. I mix it altogether the night before, spread it in my baking dish, and refrigerate it until I’m ready to bake it. If you have leftovers (which I doubt you will), simply reheat them by covering the dish with foil and baking it again until warmed through. Dips like this also make great spreads for breads. You can make some tasty jalapeño artichoke toast with baguette slices with your leftovers.
Even for those who don’t love spicy food, this jalapeño artichoke dip is delicious! Vary the amount of jalapeño you add to match your taste preferences, and you’re sure to love this simple dip recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz desired cheese, shredded (I used Monterey jack and parmesan)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 can jalapeño, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Chop the artichoke hearts and jalapeño into small pieces as needed. Mince the garlic and shred the cheese.
- Combine the mayo and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer or mix by hand until smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped artichoke, jalapeño, garlic, spices, and 3/4 of the cheese, reserving about 1/4 cup. Mix well.
- Spread the dip mixture in an oven-safe serving dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the dip for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake again, uncovered, for 15 more minutes.
- Once bubbling, turn on the broiler and cook for 2-3 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, pita chips, bread, or crackers.
Home Chef Tip: This recipe is also tasty with other add-ins! Try adding spinach or even swap the jalapeños for spinach for a spice-free spinach artichoke dip.
We hope you enjoy this simple Cheesy Jalapeño Artichoke Dip from SoFabFood Home Chef, Holly from Club Crafted, as much as we do. If you love this easy recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Appetizer Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!