Stick to your healthy eating goals with this flavorful Greek Spiced Chicken Quinoa Bowl with Spicy Cucumber Sauce for lunch. Easy to Sunday meal prep so you’re ready for your mid-day meal all week long!
Ever feel sluggish and just plain tired right after the winter holiday season? While the season is one of my favorite times of the year, it also is one of my most indulgent.
Every single year I allow myself to overindulge on sweets, baked goods, and a few too many glasses of holiday wine. Mix that with the lack of motivation to exercise and things quickly fall of the rails. As a result, I tend to feel just plain “blah” come the new year; a not-so-fun feeling.
This year I’m taking a more proactive approach to keeping things on track with my year-long healthy eating habits. As a promise to myself, I refuse to deny myself any single food item, however, I am challenging myself to stick to one healthy eating habit which is to bring a healthy and delicious lunch to work every single day. Life is all about balance, but balance doesn’t mean it has to be boring!
Greek Spiced Chicken Quinoa Bowl
With so many delicious and easy recipes available on the internet, committing to a healthy homemade lunch every single day hasn’t been as difficult as I thought it would be. In fact, I’ve even enjoyed putting together a few healthy recipes of my own, including this one!
Today I’m excited to share my recipe for a Greek Spiced Chicken Quinoa Bowl with Spicy Cucumber Sauce. This recipe is great to make on a Sunday night (I love a good meal prep recipe) and will last you all week if properly stored in the fridge. I love having greek spiced chicken on hand at all times because it’s not only delicious in this bowl, but it’s also great on a traditional greek salad. The best part is that you can mix things up for each bowl to give yourself a unique combo each day of the week. Not a fan of olives, add some roasted red peppers in the mix. Skip the cheese and double up on the spicy cucumber sauce (just make sure you keep the spicy cucumber sauce separate from the rest of your ingredients until you’re ready to eat) for an even healthier lunch bowl option.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what your go-to healthy lunch recipe is. I’m always on the lookout for more recipes to incorporate into my weekly meal plan.
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 chicken breast; marinated in greek seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup quinoa, cook
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives
- ½ cup grape tomatoes; cut in half
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- In a bowl, marinate your chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of greek seasoning + 1 tablespoon of olive oil. This is best if marinated for a minimum of 2 hours, but overnight is better. Grill your chicken until cooked through and set aside until you are ready to make your bowl.
- Cook your quinoa according to the package instructions; substituting the water for chicken broth for a more flavorful quinoa.
- In small bowl combine the ingredients for the spicy cucumber sauce, stirring until well mixed.
- When ready, assemble bowls. Top each bowl with a serving of quinoa, kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, feta. Drizzle with spicy cucumber sauce, then immediately serve!
Home Chef Tip: You can easily make this salad a wonderful wrap sandwich with just a dollop of hummus to bind it all together. Two meals in one!
We hope you love this Greek Spiced Chicken Quinoa Bowl with Spicy Cucumber Sauce from SoFabFood Home Chef, Monica from Caravan of Style, as much as we do. If you love this recipe and you’re looking for more ways to stay healthy, you can find more like it by visiting our lunch section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!