Put a fresh farmers market spin on pizza night with this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza! This one-pan meal combines the classic combo of pizza and salad in one slice. A 30-minute meal that’s perfect for weeknights or entertaining.
Pizza night is a weekly tradition that started when my husband and I were just dating. Ten years later, it’s still our Friday night tradition! Now that it’s unofficially summer, we’ve taken our pizza out to the grill! The idea for this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza came from a trattoria that was next to my old office. It quickly became famous for its Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza.
When we started making pizza at home, I decided to try making my own version of their Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza. Forget your usual tomato sauce and cheese combo. This pizza is topped with chopped lettuce, chicken, tomato, Parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of Caesar salad dressing. It’s a great summer pizza recipe because it’s nice and light and you can use fresh farmers market ingredients!
Your new favorite grilled pizza recipe!
The secret to any great pie starts with the dough. Homemade dough is always good, but store-bought dough works just fine (I used a whole grain dough for this pie).
If you use frozen pizza dough, put it in the fridge to thaw about two days before you plan on making your pizza. Then, the day you make it, set it out on the counter to rise as early as possible.
Once my pizza crust had nice grill marks and was fully cooked, I spread a little Caesar salad dressing on top.
- 1 store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup grilled or precooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Flour, to stretch the dough
- Extra virgin olive oil, to brush the dough
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill, on high, to 400Fº.
- Allow pizza dough to sit out at room temperature for at least 20 minutes prior to grilling.
- Add a little flour to a pizza pan and begin stretching the dough into a rectangle.
- Once dough is stretched, brush the dough lightly with olive oil.
- Place the oiled side of the dough on the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- While dough is cooking, brush the other side with olive oil.
- Check the underside of the dough. Once it's golden brown with nice grill marks on the bottom, flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the grill and top with Romaine lettuce, tomato, chicken, and Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with Caesar salad dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Then, cut into squares and serve.
Home Chef Tip: Skip the prep work and buy a Caesar salad kit from the store to use as your pizza toppings!
Making homemade pizza doesn’t have to be intimidating. In fact, it could easily become your new weekly family tradition! I hope this recipe inspires you to make pizza part of your grilling routine this summer!
Love this recipe? Pin it for later!
We hope you enjoy this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Jessica from Living La Vida Holoka, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, stop by our Pizza Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!