If you’re watching your carb, processed foods, and fat intakes, but you still desire satisfying dishes, look no further because this recipe for Air-Fried Chicken Piccata with Zoodles is the only one you need!
This is our first year at this house with a garden beyond just a few tomato plants. I’m loving watching the progress! Of course there’s a learning curve, but I’m jotting down all the notes. We can’t wait to expand upon our garden and vegetables as we move into the years to come. I know from past experiences with just tomatoes that sometimes you get a lot of things all at once and I wanted to be prepared in case that happened to us.
We planted zucchini for the first time and while I have a great zucchini bread recipe passed down from my aunt, there’s only so much zucchini bread you can eat. Zucchini noodles, aka “zoodles”, have been all the rage over the past year or two, and I decided that we should give it a try. We recently got a spiralizer and I was amazed at how easy they were to actually make. What I loved even more is that our girls loved them too.
WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT ZOODLES!?
We have been trying to eat less processed grains (traditional pasta), so this is an amazing alternative to bridge the best of those two worlds together. I am desperately trying to continue to lose the rest of my baby weight. Watching my carbs, processed food, and high fat foods are some of the ways I’m doing that.
Air-Fried Chicken Piccata with Zoodles
I decided to make an Air-Fried Chicken Piccata with Zoodles for a healthy spin on a classic dish. Chicken or fish piccata is one of our absolute favorite dishes to make. However, I’m well aware that it’s not exactly healthy. This allows me to indulge, while still adding a healthier twist!
- 1 large garden zucchini or 4 small zucchini
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 8 tbsp butter
- In a shallow dish, beat both eggs. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, and black pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then egg batter, then again in the flour mixture.
- Place in air fryer at 392ºF for 25 minutes (or until temp reaches 165ºF).
- While the chicken is cooking, spiralize your zucchini using an angel hair blade.
- *Heat a pot with water. Cook zucchini noodles in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove immediately (see notes below).
- Five minutes before chicken is done, melt butter in a small skillet over medium low heat.
- Add in capers and juice from both lemons.
- Turn to low and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and zoodles.
Home Chef Tip: If you don't have an air fryer, you can grill the chicken. Sometimes air fryers don't brown all the flour, you can check halfway through cooking and brush with some melted butter to fix this. *Zucchini noodles should NOT be cooked longer than 2 minutes. If your sauce is hot enough, they don't need to be cooked at all. The steam from the sauce and chicken will heat them up enough.
We hope you love this Air-Fried Chicken Piccata with Zoodles recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Larisha from We’re Parents, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this healthier classic, you can find more like it by visiting our chicken section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!