Think eating a low-carb diet means you have to give up your favorite foods? This Flourless Cheese Crust Keto Pizza is here to prove you deliciously wrong! This homemade thin crust pizza is a Keto-approved, low-carb meal, ready in 30 minutes!
You don’t have to be on a low-carb diet to love this pizza!
Honestly, I don’t know that I could stick to the Keto diet as a long-term plan (I just love bread too much), BUT this incredibly easy Keto pizza crust recipe definitely made me consider it!
What is the Keto Diet?
If you’re not already familiar with the Keto diet, or Ketogenic diet, it’s essentially focused on eating low-carb, high-fat foods, high proteins, and minimal sugars. This eating plan is intended to force your body to burn fat instead of carbs, much like an Atkins diet or other low-carb diet. Since you’ll mostly find carbohydrates in foods like potatoes, pasta, bread, rice, fruit, and sugary foods, that cuts out a HUGE amount of my favorite foods. Luckily, with this trick for Keto pizza crust made with cheese and eggs, I learned I can still enjoy some of my favorite foods on a Keto-approved diet!
How hard is this flourless cheese crust to make?
I was pretty skeptical about this pizza crust recipe at first. After searching around for ways to enjoy Keto pizza, I found a few different ways people make pizza without traditional pizza dough ingredients, including the “fathead” pizza crust. Ultimately, I decided to try this method because it doesn’t get much better than a pizza crust made with only two ingredients. In fact, this Keto-approved pizza crust was significantly easier to make than a traditional pizza crust! The crust stayed crisp and crunchy, and the middle stays a little soft and entirely cooked through. Surprisingly, it tastes and feels like any other thin crust pizza.
What will you top your Keto-approved pizza crust with?
You can add any Keto-friendly toppings you want to your pizza! Mine included tomato sauce, cheese, cubed chicken, onion, pesto, and avocado, with a little fresh basil. Thank goodness you can still eat cheese on the Keto diet; I don’t know how I’d survive without it!
Not only did the pizza taste great, but I didn’t feel overly full or sickly afterward. Let’s face it – we’ve all had that sickly feeling after eating a super greasy, thick crust pizza, no matter how delicious it was!
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz shredded cheese, such as mozzarella
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chicken, cooked and cubed
- Red onion
- Basil, fresh and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking tray with foil or a silicone mat.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork until smooth. Add the shredded cheese and stir well.
- Pour the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet and spread into a large circle with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake the crust for about 10-15 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. Remove the pizza crust.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450ºF.
- Top the pizza with your desired toppings. Spread the tomato sauce, then sprinkle the cheese. Top with chicken, onion, and small dollops of pesto.
- Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Finish the pizza with other toppings, such as avocado or fresh basil. Cut and serve hot.
Home Chef Tip: If you want more flavor, add spices to your pizza "dough," like garlic, rosemary, or pepper. Get creative with your toppings for new flavor combinations each time!
We hope you enjoy this Flourless Cheese Crust Keto Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Holly from Club Crafted, as much as we do. If you love this easy recipe and you’re trying to follow the Keto diet plan, you can find more like it by visiting our Low-Carb Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!